• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

people reading your thoughts

B

ballerina123

dose anyone get this?
how do you cope with it?
it makes me really paranoid and anxious.
I feel like I have no mental privacy

SarahD

SarahD

It is awful. I get this sometimes. Don't know what to do about it, sorry. Feel for you.

Kerome

Kerome

It's a fake feeling though, people are not really reading your thoughts, and they don't really know what's going on inside your head. I had a little while during my episode a couple of years ago when I thought this but it turned out to be completely false.

Passionflower

Passionflower

I have the same thoughts and find it impossible to overcome especially when I am out in public.

B

ballerina123

its so hard. I just wish the meds would stop this feeling/thought

D

Deliah

Ballerina123, Kerome is right, it's not possible for people to read each others thoughts. That isn't something humans can do. That means that you can't know another persons thoughts either. I really recommend learning to do mindfulness practice and then I think you will be able to feel that there isn't any truth in this. It's possible to change your beliefs. I hope life gets better for you D x

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Yeah i get it. Its happening now. Can sense them trying to access my mind - and making assumptions.

90% of people go through repeated mind patterns - hence why media is 'broadcasted'.

It is uncomfortable feeling.

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

...making assumptions.

90% of people go through repeated mind patterns - hence why media is 'broadcasted'.

It is uncomfortable feeling.
I agree. Everyone makes assumptions and it's bloody annoying...it helps me personally to know they are all completely wrong. But then I'm an oddball who really rather enjoys being an oddball and never aspires to being part of the herd. But I understand that isn't the same as feeling your consciousness is being 'scanned' by others. But if you know they can't physically do it...doesn't that give you a 'shield'?

B

ballerina123

I feel like my thoughts are broadcast and they maybe on the news.

D

Deliah

Again, impossible babe. I know it feels true though and that must be very frightening for you. How about this, if that were possible, other people thoughts would also be broadcast on the news, but this never happens. Start telling yourself different stuff. D x

B

ballerina123

Thanks I'll try and believe that coz this thought is getting out of hand. I'm scared to go out because of people getting in my brain

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

i got this a lot, now i know always at least one is listening and that is God but i know how it feels to think anyone can read your thoughts

D

Deliah

Thanks I'll try and believe that coz this thought is getting out of hand. I'm scared to go out because of people getting in my brain
Ah Sweet heart, sending you so much love. I know how powerful these thoughts can feel. The great thing is that it is possible to change our minds. Check out neuro plasticity and mindfulness. love to you today D x

Mark_01

Mark_01

Sometimes I believe other people can read my thoughts and I feel like an open book. When it happens, I try to close my mind, shut things off, and get away. I try to hide, though I am in the same room and can't get out.