• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

People jumping to conclusions over woman with PTSD

A

AlphaOmega

There was a video I watched that had a terrified woman screaming at an airport “get me out of here!”. She jumps in front of the counter where one of the people work at, and calls him a rapist. She was arrested some time later. The comments I saw were from many people who assumed she was a spoiled brat, overdramatic, or a flat out bitch. I’ve heard people acting out in public places, and some do in fact seem traumatized. If she was spoiled as some may call her, she would have been fighting with the police aggressively but she wasn’t. I think people are misjudging her and other women because of their beliefs in toxic masculinity. I see some men have screaming fits just to get what they want, yet many others see them as in the right. This leaves little to no room of those who are truly struggling. And I think it is sad. We need to consider in examining the scenes we see more often before we make conclusions.

RapblasterMaster

RapblasterMaster

Was Slowturtle
There was a video I watched that had a terrified woman screaming at an airport “get me out of here!”. She jumps in front of the counter where one of the people work at, and calls him a rapist. She was arrested some time later. The comments I saw were from many people who assumed she was a spoiled brat, overdramatic, or a flat out bitch. I’ve heard people acting out in public places, and some do in fact seem traumatized. If she was spoiled as some may call her, she would have been fighting with the police aggressively but she wasn’t. I think people are misjudging her and other women because of their beliefs in toxic masculinity. I see some men have screaming fits just to get what they want, yet many others see them as in the right. This leaves little to no room of those who are truly struggling. And I think it is sad. We need to consider in examining the scenes we see more often before we make conclusions.
why did she call him a rapist?

P

paws4thought

formerly Anxietyhell
If we don't know all the facts, then people can tend to make assumptions.or form incorrect opinions /judgements...

If the guy she called a "rapist" - was just some innocent random person that she didnt know - and in a public place - then it must have been pretty horrendous for him..

Casey Cat

Casey Cat

Formerly 24thMAU
You are fighting against human nature, which cannot be overcome. People jump to conclusions and everything. Just look at the headlines across the country. You get a 30 second snippet of a news story, no follow up, no investigation, nothing. Yet, people already have someone guilty or not guilty.

A

AlphaOmega

You are fighting against human nature, which cannot be overcome. People jump to conclusions and everything. Just look at the headlines across the country. You get a 30 second snippet of a news story, no follow up, no investigation, nothing. Yet, people already have someone guilty or not guilty.
True. Do videos on Facebook and Twitter count as well? Because I think the majority of the videos on social media are very one-sided and lack any explanation from the people in opposition.

Casey Cat

Casey Cat

Formerly 24thMAU
True. Do videos on Facebook and Twitter count as well? Because I think the majority of the videos on social media are very one-sided and lack any explanation from the people in opposition.

Again, human nature is to skew things to fit your personal and overall agenda. Social media is no different (one reason I don't have those accounts). Whoever is in charge of those accounts will skew what gets presented, to make the most money possible. Second, to fulfill their political agenda, which will, once again make them the most money possible. They have very little interest in the truth. It is not sensational and doesn't make money.

jajingna

jajingna

People jump to conclusions
It is a common enough thing to do this. Often we just don't have enough information and we just go by the little that we do have, even if it isn't correct.