People chatting together

M

mxm

I don't think I get what this is about. Is that just me?
Should I instinctively know why people chat and just join in?
I'm like an alien, I don't belong in a chat. Is this part of an MH? Is there a way round it please?

D

Dollit

I don't think it's a mental health issue, I think it's a people issue. I've known people who will sit in company all night and not say a word whether there's a few people there or a lot. I have one friend that barely says a word to me when we're together yet he chats non stop on msn. On the other hand I can never work out when to finish a conversation.

Everyone's different.

M

mxm

I guess its like when you see the antiques road show.
Not every tea pot makes tea.
I could be a perfectly good tea pot by myself.

D

Dollit

It depends on what you mean by people issues. Everything is a people issue really. If there's something you want to talk about here then start a thread and I'm sure people will give it a read.

K

kelly.x

hey,
get what u mean i'm the same.. i don't say aything.. then people think i'm boring, ignorant... if i do say something i feel stupid, or think whats the point its nothing intresting/worth saying.
i get all mesed up, my head is in bits trying to think of something to say but... nothing.. then i'm so busy worryin when i do say something.. it comes out all rong and i look stupid... i feel like i'm at an interview and my life depends on it or something... but this happens all day everyday !! ahh

i'd be happy not speaking to anyone for weeks.. but then i get angry at myselg beacuse i want to be a good laugh, not seen as boring and get into good converstations which i can only do when i've had a few.. lots! to drink !

M

maudikie

Maudikie.

Listening is interesg, and it isn't everyone who has the art of listening. Thatway you learn a lot. When you are ready you'll find you are able to talk so don't worry about it. You could make alittle diary of some of the things you hear - not ones that do any harm, but a reminder of the people, and what they are like.:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W People 1