People can hear my thoughts.

N

Nina792

Hi, my name is Nina and I have suffered from Psychosis (hearing voices, anxiety, depression and the fear of being in crowded places and being around too many people for fear that they can hear my thoughts) for 9 years now. Only this year have I managed to get help for it (CBT)), which is really helping me put things into perspective. There is just 1 belief that I just cannot get my head around and that is the belief that others can hear my thoughts. I have come on this site to see if other Psychosis sufferers feel the same or have the same belief. I have written up a survey from the things I do which leads to these beliefs, to see if someone else who does the same as me can help or hopefully we could help each other.
Hear are my questions:
1. Do you talk to yourself? If yes, why?
2. Do you hear other people’s thoughts? If yes, what do you make of it and how do you cope?
3. Do others hear your thoughts? If yes, what do you make of it and how do you cope?
4. If you said yes to any of the above, what would convince you that others cannot hear your thoughts?
Thank you in advance for taking time to answer, I will check this site regularly to give my feedback.
Nina.

D

deadflowers

1. Do you talk to yourself? If yes, why?

Yes, I don't know really. I think everyone does tho. Maybe saying something out loud can make it seem more real?? Like if you kick your toe it is always better to say 'FUUCCKKK' out loud than it is to just think it. Sometimes when I am deep in thought I say things out loud and maybe it's to take it out of my head and give it life..that's the best I can come up with as an explanation.

2. Do you hear other people’s thoughts? If yes, what do you make of it and how do you cope?

No, I feel insecure and think people feel certain ways about me that maybe they don't or do?? but I have to rationalise this and try to carry on as normal. Do you think you are perhaps projecting your insecurities on to someone else and believing this is you reading their thoughts?? do you always think people think bad things?? maybe you can find your answer in that question??

3. Do others hear your thoughts? If yes, what do you make of it and how do you cope?

In a state of psychosis I experienced recently I believed my thoughts could be read, but not by other people, this caused me some distress as, it's like the stay puff marsh mellow man in ghostbusters, if you are trying not to think certain things, you can guarantee you will. Afterwards I did think about it and came to the conclusion that I don't really think anything that bad and if my mind was being read, at times it would be better than what came out of my mouth. I think the question should be-not if they can read them, but what does it matter if they can??? If i'm thinking someone is a wanker, to be honest, it might be better they can read my mind cause at least then they might piss off.

4.If you said yes to any of the above, what would convince you that others cannot hear your thoughts?
Thank you in advance for taking time to answer, I will check this site regularly to give my feedback.

What you have, if it is real (which I don't believe you can do, I think you are just sick hunny) it is a gift. Most people go about their everyday lives working, paying bills, going out with friends, watching TV.....etc generally these people will NOT possess this gift, as if this is a true state of mind (as you believe) you would have to be so in touch with a level of conciousness that you describe, that the average person will just not have!! Plus, they would probably have mentioned it to you via thought reading no??? you must think about the fact that you can read peoples minds when they were talking to you?? have you ever read a mind that was thinking -I have the power to read her mind?? bet the answer is no?? You will meet very few psychic, mediams, Derren Brown's, people who can juggle fire-all these things are rare because they take time to perfect-do you see where I am coming from??

I think you need to go back to MHS and tell them the extent of this as I'm not sure CBT alone will help, but in the mean time, rest assured that if it is true,which I do not think for one moment it is-I think you have problems with psychosis and paranoia (these 2 things are very real) but if it is, the likelyhood of people having this gift is pretty slim-would you agree???

I really hope this has helped in some way

xxxxxx love love xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
B

BennyB

1 : yes I do . It Is a cognitive response to take something that you've thought about and trun it into something that hurd as well are you remember it better . Well that's how it is for me

2 : I can tell what other people are thinking to a degry but I get from how they act, facial expressions ,voice changes , how they say things

3 : I have got a projected version of myself that is not my real self and people who can read people eg. body language so on and so forth like me will read that projected versions body language so I can not be read :)

But as far as hearing their thoughts in like words then that's a no
I believe that thoughts are private and because there private there is only one way for people to be able to get out of you and that would be an very obvious way " to ask " ;)

S

Splodge

I had an instance recently where I was thinking of a song and someone else started singing it at the place where I was in my head. I've had other experiences that seem to confirm that telepathy is real. However, I believe most people are not aware or able to communicate telepathically in the direct sense. It is more like we have built in filters that block telepathic thoughts from reaching most peoples awareness.

D

doodeedumm

Hi guys, just 3 weeks ago I started experiencing really scarey voices. It started one night from trying to listen to my neighbors cause I thought they were talking about me. Then I was almost certain I could hear them and they could hear my thoughts. Every day its been getting stronger now. I'm still convinced they could hear my thoughts and I could hear theirs, but I get confused in what's real. Right before I go to sleep, I feel like my thoughts are magnatized and echoed. .and I swear people can hear me. . But I have no proof. When I'm near white noise or wind or something like that. . u can had my thoughts louder.. I feel like I'm turning skitzo and im so scared I'm losing it. I need help. I'm new to this life. . The other day I was with a client and I thought something. . And I swear he heard my thoughts. . The way he looked at me right after. I was convinced I had telepathy or I was part psychic or something. . But I dunno anymore.. I also thought I was under mind control. . Plz help somebody. . I'm only 29 and this is taking over my life.

D

doodeedumm

Hi Splodge. I wanted to ask you a couple questions About this telepathy. I swear I think I have it to people that are in tune with me. Can you recommend some articles or websites that can help me better understand and educate me in this matter?

Cazcat

Cazcat

Hi doodeedumm,

My partner is currently experiencing something similar. I think you need to speak to your GP or self refer to your local mental health team. Most areas accept self referrals if you look up online which is your local mental health team there will probably be a telephone number for a single point of access. I know that it is very scary when you think you are going crazy. My personal belief is that our brains have to try and make sense of some very complex information and sometimes the wires get crossed and things can get very confusing. I know it can be scary telling professionals what you are thinking too, but remember they help people with these kind of things day in day out and have seen it all before. If they c can help you understand what is going on and get things back under control would that be a good thing?

Look after yourself and I hope you feel reassured when you have seen the doctor.

S

Splodge

I don't actually read much online so I do not have any links. I can however tell you what I did to verify things a bit. I took a course in mediumship - this is communication telepathically with dead people, with people around to provide verification. I'm happy now that telpathy does work. However, you need to be really carful when it comes to telepathy with other people in general, what I found was that there is a lot of dis-information mixed up here. In general you need to ignore any messages from people, these are often random or plain wrong - the majority of people are totally unaware of telepathic abilities and any connections are pretty much unproveable.

Think of this as you starting to become sensitive, and that your brain will learn to filter out a lot of stuff if you work with it, but it's a difficult path that's for sure.

R

RockyStrife

do not panic, all is as should be.

What you both are experiencing is real. We, and people like us, (and please believe, there are a lot!) are somehow able to pick up thoughts from people around us. We are not schizoid, other than being able to hear voices in our mind that do not originate from our minds. What we are doing is receiving the energy that whoever we are hearing is putting out. Thoughts are energy, like everything else, so those who are sensitive to energy should be able to pick it up, and if you subscribe to the one mind, one collective consciousness theory, well then by all means we should be able to communicate on a mental level, which scientists have proven that we DO, except for telepathy. This can freak people out, them thinking that other people can read their minds, but this is not how it works. If someone is walking past me thinking about what to get for dinner tonight, I won’t hear them, but if they are around me and thinking about me, then I can. Where energy is focused, it is received. It does not just disappear half way. If someone is focusing their energy on you you are going to feel it. This is something that I have been able to do, to my awareness, for about a year now, but looking back at my life I think this gift was there all along. However, in my opinion this is more like a curse, especially if people don’t approve of you, or you make other people insecure. Please understand that we aren’t insane. Or dangerous. I cannot control you with my thoughts. I CAN however, put a thought in your head and make you think it came from yourself. Picture this. I’m on a bus behind a girl I like, if I concentrate, and focus my energy, I can get her to turn a specific way. Like look out the left window, or glance out the right window, or look back at me, even if her back is facing me, without me making any sort of physical movements or verbal utterances. When people are running autonomously, inception is easier. Picture this, you are at construction site, which for now is a city block sized hole in the ground shored up on all four sides with a big crane in the middle. You are working hard and you want your boss to see you. You look around, and notice him walking north above the hole, while you are in the middle of the hole facing west. He is walking, facing ahead, about a hundred or so feet away, and you think to him, “look at (insert your name), and he immediately turns and makes direct eye contact with you. Coincidence? Very possibly. But when things like this happen over and over again, it becomes hard to deny the possibility that we can communicate with our minds. Generally for this to happen, the people need to be connected in some way, have spent some time together, have emotional ties, etc. Trying this with some stranger whose energy you are not familiar with is much more difficult, but with training it can be done. We are not your enemies. We are not aliens. We are not demons or angels. We are scared and vulnerable human beings who are trying to live life normally, despite being able to hear all of your hate and spite for each other. We are not dangerous. We understand the importance of humility, peace, and love, and we wish that the rest of you will, too

S

Splodge

Just don't forget this is the Higher self of the other you are talking to, if it decides to pass on the info it will, if not the other person will have no knowledge whatsoever.

X

XB129

1) yes, idk I'm a physic or somthing
2) yes, I think their vibes and try make myself a better person from them. Coping has been hard. For past 2 weeks its been going crazy I can't stop hearing and its basically like I'm talking to people and if I try to bring it up they will hint around telling me I'm right if the situations allows but usually "I'm crazy"
3) yes just like above i can't stop it it controls me and idk I try but
4) once I stop hearing thought that actually make sense. Everything I hear goes with what's going on its nut im convinced until this "thing" goes away or I learn full control

P

pianomanbrian

i have had bouts where i feel like my thoughts are heard by others and i can pick up on others' thoughts. i do talk to myself on a regular basis. there is a voice in my head that is always comparing itself to others and also to my own self-consciousness. during my psychotic break, i was definitely hearing other peoples' thoughts, or what i assumed to be their thoughts. i would analyze tone and body language to pick up on what they were thinking, but at times it was a blatant voice speaking from their thoughts.

i also felt at this point that i could communicate simply by thinking. my mind would fill in all sorts of blanks, and i would speak certain phrases that were relative to what was being thought. this was a very trying time for me. i felt that the world i was living in was hinged by my thought processes. there was a great amount of pressure to think just the right things, but i felt like i failed at it most of the time. the communication i had with people was somewhat violent and made me feel very lonely. i was talking through walls and picking up on innuendos and various overtones. basically, this was a very scary time for me, but i feel like it was all really happening.

i was living in a delusional state, but these delusions seemed so real to me, and i felt like my psychic abilities were very real. often, i would be paralyzed by this telepathy and could only sit and wait for it to pass. i felt like others could pry into my life and there was some sort of reason for all this happening to me. it felt like a gift and a curse. i was trying to use these powers for good, but they got turned against me for bad.

i was alone during the course of the worst part of my psychotic break, when very little real communication took place. perhaps my mind was filling in everything that wasn't said, and i was talking to myself in my delusional state. i seem to recall a certain feeling of emptiness and need for intimacy with certain persons, but this never happened. perhaps it was substituted by hearing others' needs for people and i would fill that need in their head. i felt like a totally different person, but i was still me. i needed to either make it or break it with the people i was with, and most often the course of thinking caused me to break it with them. i lost hope, and was alone suffering in misery.

i didn't know what was happening to me, the fact that i was having delusions. these also caused hallucinations of grandeur. i could see people through their thoughts as well. i was hallucinating through walls and felt that i was connected to people even though there was space between us. i used this connectivity to communicate and it was related to the telepathic feelings in my head as well. for instance, a man walking would have a certain way he moved, and it was related to what i was thinking about him. this, in turn, was connected to what he was thinking about me. and all of this was through a wall. basically, i was a mess. i didn't know what was happening or why it was happening to me.
in short, i feel like my experience was a delusion and hallucination of grandeur. my brain was in serious trauma and i didn't know what was going on in the place that i was. i could hear these voices on loudspeaker, but i think in reality they were coming from me. this must have been some kind of message that i was delivering to myself in order to cope with what was happening to me. it was like i can no longer deal with all of this overstimulation, of people and things, and i need a way to process it all. it's like hearing the voice or the person's thought was a shortcut to actually analyzing everything about them. it was instantaneous. then, i would communicate back simply by thinking. this again happened to eliminate longer thought processes. i wouldn't have to come up with words to speak, i could just think these words.

but looking back, i feel like it was deluded and i was under heavy psychosis. this is just simply the only way i can describe what an unusual experience it was for me. i was going crazy in my head, thinking i could hear people's thoughts and they could hear mine. the reality was that these people were trying to take care of me and i didn't even realize it. worse yet, i was putting myself at odds with what they were doing. even the doctors i had a certain separation with, but i was still under the impression that they could just sense what i was thinking and that was enough. this was a mix of delusions about the way the world works, people included, and my own manic and bi-polar tendencies. i was up and down and all over the place with my actions. also, my head was quite amplified and i was messed up in disorganized thought.

now that i'm on medication i don't feel these things anymore. i can recall what they felt like while experiencing them, but i don't really have these delusions and i have stopped hallucinating. the medication has slowed my thought processes down and stimulation comes in at a lower rate. this has to do with the levels of dopamine in my brain. i think and feel differently than i used to. it is far less manic, and borderline depressed.

it has, however, only been a few months since this incident. i still talk to myself on a regular basis, but i try not to think about what others are thinking. also, what goes on in my head, pretty much stays in my head. i don't hold conversation very well, so it takes a lot for me to think of something to say. this just about does it for me as far as people reading my thoughts. my brain endured a lot of trauma, thinking so disorganized and deluded, and it is taking some time to heal from that. during this time, i keep to myself and get lots of rest. sometimes i will have triggers set of in me that cause some symptoms of psychosis to break through, but for the most part i am stable. it was a long road getting here but i feel like it is the path to recovery. i was hearing voices of others without them even looking at me. now, i can only assume that what they think is only up to them. also, what i hear in my own head is up to me. occasionally it will resonate with other people, but this is a natural occurrence. the problem with the way i was thinking before was that it interfered with daily cognition. i was overloaded. now there is just enough coming through to process it accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nicola398

I am very much with you in that I had similar experiences with hearing other people's thoughts, reading their minds and them reading mine, telepathy and psychic experiences etc Brian.
It got overwhelming for me too and became psychosis and very confusing and disorientating and like you the medication switched it off.There are certain centers of the body which when opened can take in and give out psychic experiences and move around energies ,taking in and giving out energies which are extra sensory and so I think this happens to us when we are off medications and I don't know why but it can make us ill and mess up our thinking so we get delusional etc.Telepathy is a very real phenomenom though, but it is best not to mess with it and allow it to shut down and stay closed if we can't keep it within manageable limits.
I hope you continue to recover and don't feel as though you are out of balance but do feel more balanced in your daily cognition now and can recover your stability and control in respect of thoughts from yourself and others.Good luck!NicolaX:)

W

White Wolf

I know this is a bit old thread, but i just want to say that it would be interesting to make a test that can i read someone's thoughts who believe's people can read their thoughts if i tried. But that being said i don't think anyone lives near enough so we could try...

Otherwise my answer is yes only to the first question about do i talk to myself, and the reason is its just a habit so i can have an conversation with myself for fun - not only in the head, maybe one person is also a duality a duality that is unity and unity that is duality.

S

see emily play

I didn't know this was an old thread. I talk to myself all the time as well or if not I have to have the TV on or listen to music or else I'm on line. I spent a full day other month talking to imaginary people and as soon as I stoped talking my head filled up with my own voice.

I sound so loney but it's what I'm used to. It bugs me now though because if I ever talk to real people I'm quite honest with my thoughts or I'm trying mybest to explain myself to people. Like saying I said this to you because I meant that and you said this last year but I thought you meant something else. I felt this emotion when you said this to me and so on. It's anoying as ****

I do belive when you've got that many people together who are all suffering from a pycotic episode that you can read each others minds. I think the brains spazzing out and is using some type of Jedi mind trick to try and save every one or something.

I said the most embarassing thing. I thought I was gonna go to hell and I shouted out if I'm going down you're all going down with me. What a selfish **** I was.

I also sometimes think that it's like what brianfeldkamp wrote. That's it's just your mind playing tricks. The reason that you feel so conected to other people that are ill is because you've kinda been in the same boat that they're in, either then or at some point in your life and you're just picking up on their thoughts because it's obvious from there body language what they're thinking.

Like these storys you hear of where a mum will lift a car up to save her child and will come out of it unharmed. Doesn't mean she's got super human powers. Just she saw her child was abouts to die and that instinct to protect her own blood kicked in and her brain somehow gave her super human strength for a while.

M

mukshe143

Hi Splodge,
I am 32 from India.. I have also experienced in the few months that, whenver I get any thought in my mind.. It is straight away spoken by other other person..
For Example: I will say in my mind, I will need a Tea.. And then they will speak up lets have a tea...
What is it called ? I dont understand... And at times I am with a girl & I get these nasty thoughts about sex.. And I see those girls suddenly feel uncomfortable with me, Because I know even they get such thoughts.. I dont know wheather it is a gift or a curse...
Let me know if you know more about this..
But Thanks for your post at least there is more than one person who feel the same.. :)

T

Trainur

I'm just thinking about positive symptoms of psychosis because I've been in hospital diagnosed (ie not a real diagnosis) with it and only have negative symptoms. Don't you think them hearing your thoughts is just an extreme mix of anxiety and nervousnesses and so it just gives you the sensation of thinking they must be hearing your thoughts. Combined with possibly the fact your thoughts are really socially orientated and nothing else. After all why would you care if they were literally hearing you thinking about maths or something neither here nor there.

M

miko999

The best advice anybody could ever give you is to study yourself and your thoughts.. we all live in our own worlds and for instance if you're affraid of going bald youre most likely to go bald because your thouths project that in reality, so with this said there's nothing to be affraid of because it's all in our head.

About telelepathy, I know it does exist because i've been practicing it for a year now and believe me if there could be so many coincidences than we wouldn't have made a word for coincidence if you get what im saying, my best friend and I can make plans for the night without saying a word! And empathy can be thought too literally! thats when you can tune into somebody's pain it happens to me too often so i rather not put too much focus onto that.

The only thread I see about people who can communicate through telepathy is that everybody around us label us schitzo or mentally unstable just because they don't have that same experience.. if you ask me YOU are the crazy one's for not believing in the united consciousness! If somebody argue that hearing voices isn't normal well guess what there is no such thing as norm!. The evil ones on this planet want us to believe that we're not in control, that we could be victims/slaves.., that we could suffer from their made up illnesess. If you don't agree with me than I think YOU need some help from someone like me.
Thanks for reading this if you have some questions or suggestions on how to advance the practice of telepathy just mail me. Love,Light!

K

Kalon

Hi, it's so bad for me that when i'm walking past my lounge i can hear people on T.V talking about what sounds like what i'm doing but in a metaphorical sense, not only that but when i'm deep in my own thoughts and i'm quite melancholy people tend to say things that creep me out for the same reason as yours, because they know what i'm thinking: but don't worry as i have an answer for it and when you say it to those who are talking about what your thinking you'll realize a peculiar change in their attitudes, they'll start to back down using persuasive techniques, my brother had the same experience and he told me that what is happening is everyone is your alter ego and that they are just messengers of your thoughts, but what still hurts me is that even if i ignore them they still somehow know in a metaphorical sense what it is i'm thinking about, sometimes i try talking to people in the real world but in my head and they kind of answer back, it really upsets me because i know it shouldn't be happening but sometimes it gets that bad that i feel like i can't even have 1 minutes privacy to my own thoughts