• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Pdoc Appointment and New Diagnosis

Star-28

Star-28

Well as some of you know, I had an appointment today with a new doc. She was actually a nurse practitioner, which I find they are more understanding and care more about what is really going on. She looked at all my pictures I have drawn, she read my journal (i keep one for symptoms) and did not jugde me in anyway.

She said she wants to see how I respond to my medication and get to know me better. Right now she says she is leaning towards Schizoaffective Disorder. Which sounds about right because Psychotic Disorder NOS and Mood Disorder NOS are acute diagnoses, and this has been constant for five years so... I feel a little better knowing what is really going on besides having five and six different diagnoses.

She started me on Invega 6mg. It is a new Atypical antipsychotic. I haven't heard of it but I looked it up, and it is strictly for the treatment of schizophrenia positive and negative symptoms. She also said it doesnt seem as though my Prozac is working, so she put me on Pristiq 50mg for my depression and anxiety. She is keeping me on my Klonopin as well.

The Invega and Pristiq are both time released medications. I take them every morning. I just took them about an hour ago. I feel pretty zoned out but I havent been on meds in like six months so it will take some getting used to.

Well that all the news I have.. Oh yeah.. I got a new job!! Full time as a receptionist. It's great. Nobody to bother me. Nice and quiet. I just play on the internet all day and read books. ha!! Things are looking up..:)

V

Vincent

I would be interested to hear about how invega treats negative symptoms,congrats on your new job:)

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi star :)when i was put on prozac it turned me completely loopy for the whole time i was on it its the worst iv ever been when they put me on prozac invega sounds hopeful never heard of that one. i'm goin g to be trying abilify next week so i hope i am one of the people who gets on with it. take care glad it went well :) diddy

A

Affective

I got a new job!!
Congratulations! Wish I could work, I've been given a sick note by the GP.

Let us know how this new Antipsychotic works for you.

I

IntrospectionFtw!

i was intrested in taking pristiq awhile back it's the active metabolite of effexor right basically a slightly more potent version with a new patent, i think i've had enough of this anti medication approach i've gave it a good go i might try taking a antidepressant like reboxertine or pristiq to get into a postive healthly mind frame before going off of them might resolve the complexs maybe? but if that doesnt work im just gonna find a good drug combination. what's this invenga like?.

Last edited: