• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

PD

L

Loz

i cant live with PD forever, with no help and no hope, need a good and secure way to say goodbye 4ever!

A

Affective

Hey Loz,
I am not sure what PD stands for, can you explain it to me? If you want to talk I am here.

A

Ainsworth

it means personality disorder

Loz you are in good company here, i dont get help either but please keep talking to us :hug:

L

Loz

personality disorder

sorry i assumed everyone would associate pd with personality disorder, sorry!
i just dont think i can live with myself!

A

Affective

Sorry I thought PD stood for a type of personality disorder. Why do you feel you can't live with yourself? I was once diagnosed with Avoidant Personality Disorder but with hard work I managed to get a very decent social life and got rid of my anxieties. I understand that each person's disorder comes with different levels of severity, but in most cases these problems or illnesses can be managed with a healthy balance of meds, support and therapy.

L

Loz

what support? what therapy?
the mental health system does not help people like me... its a load of rubbish!

A

Ainsworth

i havent had any either but know there is stuff out there.

me getting to see my p-doc again would be a start but not holding my breath :LOL:

A

Affective

what support? what therapy?
the mental health system does not help people like me... its a load of rubbish!
Is there any particular reason they won't give you any therapy? And when you say the MH system won't help you, is it because of your diagnosis? Surely every diagnoses being it mild depression or severe Bipolar disorder needs help. Maybe you could do some research to whom you could complain to? That would surely would be a start in getting you some help.