• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

PCTs

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
And another great post I am pulling out of the SUI thread and giving it its own one ;).

Maudikie wrote..

"The last place I lived I was asked to go to the PCT meetings. Unpaid of course. As a carer of the mentally ill - not professional. At the ?second meeting I asked if anyone had considered housing for the mentally ill when they were disacharged from hospital.There was long silence. At the next meeting there was someone attending from the housing authority. I said it
was a pity that the NHS couldn't be organised as well as T.N.T(tranport I mean) The chap from the h ousing department had been sitting back with his foot on his knee - as some men do - and he suddenly jumped to life, and said "My wife works for T,N,T,)" As far as I know that was as far as we got witht he discussion! Does anyone really care?"

This (PCTs) is an area I know absolutely nothing about. Anyone else have any experience of PCT user involvement? As I understand it the PCTs will be under the scrutiny of the LINks so maybe this will change when they are established.

Nick.

D

Dollit

I'm a member of my local trust and we're just electing our governors. I know a few people have already mentioned this on another thread somewhere. I'll let you know how I get on.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
I'm a member of my local trust and we're just electing our governors. I know a few people have already mentioned this on another thread somewhere. I'll let you know how I get on.
I take it you're standing Dollit? That's great and I wish you luck in the election. We can have some good insider accounts of SUI in a PCT then :).

Nick.

D

Dollit

No I didn't stand Nick. It's too much for me. I get tired really quickly and have to spend whole days sleeping things off. I do the sort of stuff that requires the thinking and planning and then deliver my brilliance to committees etc. Except when it comes to the police guys and then it's a little bit more involved. However, I will be watching things closely.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
No I didn't stand Nick. It's too much for me. I get tired really quickly and have to spend whole days sleeping things off. I do the sort of stuff that requires the thinking and planning and then deliver my brilliance to committees etc. Except when it comes to the police guys and then it's a little bit more involved. However, I will be watching things closely.
Sorry for misunderstanding Dollit - and I quite understand, something like that would be too much for me too I think.

Nick.