• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Past Trauma trigger warning

Zero One

Zero One

I just remembered some past Trauma where I was not in good mental states and my husband was jumping on my head with his knee but I couldn't move to fight back...it was like I was frozen. The only thing I could think to do is call for help. He stopped because I started screaming for help. I have trouble resolving the emotions and feelings I get when I remember this event. I get upset that I couldn't move. I get upset that I was so delusional I didn't call the police but screamed out to the secret society so that they were aware of what was happening and do controls to stop the violence. I get really angry and think deviant. He was making me angry and I lunged after him only to go catatonic when he attacked me. The same thing happened for one of the rapes. I totally lost control of my body and fell limp as soon as the attack started. I don't know why this happens. How do you manage unresolved emotions and feelings surrounding past trauma? I think the catatonia comes in at the absolute worst time and I don't know how to predict when it will happen and it bothers me that I couldn't fight and that my mind went into an abnormal state in these traumas.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am so sorry for what has happened to you. I can fully understand freezing or going numb in such a situation. I imagine the cataonia was your brains way of shielding you from what happened. I really do not know how to overcome unresolved emotions around trauma. I can only guess therapy could help. It is very difficult to remember such horrid times and it can cause a helpless feeling. I really am sorry.

Zero One

Zero One

Ty so much bpd2020. Your response helps, never thought of it as a shield. I should be getting therapy soon. They are still trying to stabilize me with meds before I go.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am pleased to hear you are going to try therapy. I hope they get the right medication for you soon.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Is it trauma if i keep remembering embarrassing things i did in the past? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 14
L How do I overcome the fearful regret I have from past job which I was terminated from for misconduct? Its like a trauma to me Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 6
H Past relationship and ptsd Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
R I had a mental breakdown. Because of my past Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 10
L How do I recover from awful periods of fearful ruminating on past high school bully and my embarrassments? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
M Is it worth it to file lawsuit for past bullying leading to PTSD? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
A ***TRIGGER WARNING end of life trauma*** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 7
M Hobbies for while in therapy for trauma Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
lucynah Massive issues with guilt after trauma ***TRIGGER WARNING-Discusses suicide and emotional abuse*** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 9
L She blames and connects me to her trauma despite all efforts to support. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
A Trauma Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
S Trauma Anniversary And Symptoms Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
M Bullying and trauma Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 6
S Is this PTSD or just trauma? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
K I’m getting trauma therapy! Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 10
C Guilt, trauma of final year in elementary school Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
A Childhood guilt trauma and anxiety Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 7
M How to cope and heal from Trauma? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 7
E How does 'processing trauma' actually means in therapy? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
U is this PTSD? **** trigger warnings, abuse described **** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
C Can't remember my time in the ICU?? ***TRIGGER WARNING- Discusses a suicide attempt and mentions hospital*** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
H ***TRIGGER WARNING *** how to support a rape victim Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 6
starfoxxy90 ***TRIGGER WARNING **** Discussing sexual Abuse **** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
justasimplecat Was this rape? **TRIGGER WARNING** Discusses rape & abuse Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 25
P *TRIGGER WARNING - Discusses Sexual Abuse* Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
9 PTSD Suffocating ***TRIGGER - Discusses abuse *** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 10
Z Can't trust poss TRIGGER warning though no details. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 6
M TRIGGER WARNING! Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
W My Story With People - The Dark Side of The Internet People Still Overlook (Trigger Warning Possibly) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 7
I ***TRIGGER WARNING Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
H my story *trigger warning* Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
H PTSD involving Emergency contraception **Trigger warning - sexual assault Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
T Trigger warning/police unfairness Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
7920NewbridgeCovina Trigger warning *Alcoholism Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
J Confused and triggered (trigger warning) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
J Venting (anonymously) trigger warning Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 14
S Child on child sexual assault Trigger warning. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3