• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Past Trauma trigger warning

Zero One

Zero One

I just remembered some past Trauma where I was not in good mental states and my husband was jumping on my head with his knee but I couldn't move to fight back...it was like I was frozen. The only thing I could think to do is call for help. He stopped because I started screaming for help. I have trouble resolving the emotions and feelings I get when I remember this event. I get upset that I couldn't move. I get upset that I was so delusional I didn't call the police but screamed out to the secret society so that they were aware of what was happening and do controls to stop the violence. I get really angry and think deviant. He was making me angry and I lunged after him only to go catatonic when he attacked me. The same thing happened for one of the rapes. I totally lost control of my body and fell limp as soon as the attack started. I don't know why this happens. How do you manage unresolved emotions and feelings surrounding past trauma? I think the catatonia comes in at the absolute worst time and I don't know how to predict when it will happen and it bothers me that I couldn't fight and that my mind went into an abnormal state in these traumas.

B

bpd2020

I am so sorry for what has happened to you. I can fully understand freezing or going numb in such a situation. I imagine the cataonia was your brains way of shielding you from what happened. I really do not know how to overcome unresolved emotions around trauma. I can only guess therapy could help. It is very difficult to remember such horrid times and it can cause a helpless feeling. I really am sorry.

Zero One

Zero One

Ty so much bpd2020. Your response helps, never thought of it as a shield. I should be getting therapy soon. They are still trying to stabilize me with meds before I go.

B

bpd2020

I am pleased to hear you are going to try therapy. I hope they get the right medication for you soon.