• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Past the Point of Getting Help

J

JustinS1998

Hello, just wondering if anybody else has felt like this or if anyone can relate. I just simply think that I'm too far gone to get help. I've had depression for about 4 years now, and I am 3 years gone from learning that I have Asperger's Syndrome. I have tried nearly everything that anybody has told me to do, to cope with the many problems that I have, and the results are just subpar. Some of these things didn't work at all, some helped for a little bit, but none of them has really changed the suicidalness and deep self-hatred that I have for myself. Its at the point where I don't know if there is anything that another human being can say/do to me that will really help me in the long run. I feel like my life is just done. It's over. No point putting forth any more effort. I just want to know if I'm the only one. Because if I am, that just makes me more stupid than I already am. But if I'm not, then that helps me to understand that there is in fact a point where there is no turning back, a point where you really are truly so lost that you can't be helped, because I feel like that is where I am right now. Any response is appreciated, and I deeply thank anyone who took the time out of their day to read this post, it really does mean a lot to me.

S

sab1978

I’ve definitely had episodes where I’ve truly felt that way. But I’ve always managed to pick myself back up somehow. I just came out of a very dark one...it had me scared, because I truly felt hopeless. I increased my medication dose and kept pushing through with my self care routine and I’m in a much better place now. What are the things you’ve tried and for how long did you try each of them?

S

sallimae76

I suffer from deep depression and I also have Aspergers. I am a 44 year old virgin that can't stand to be touched sexually. I have also felt that there is no more to be done in life for me. All I can say is that the worst of it does pass, and it becomes a dull ache you can live with. Sometimes treading water is the best a person can ask for.

Antimatter

Antimatter

46 male, by 21 I'd had delusions of granduer, considerd becoming a monk and suicide amongst many other things.

Had a really tough run that could fill a book 2 or 3 lifetimes. Accept what you are and laugh off what you consider as weaknesses.

Life would be a bit boring if were all the same. 2 years ago bought my 5th house, am multi-skilled and have 2 fabulous sons 4 & 6. Am now retired.

Life can be full of surprises, start supporting yourself emotionally and make positive changes if you are not happy with your surroundings. Takes time energy, people can be cruel - fuck'em! There are some amazing people and experiences out there.

Antimatter

Antimatter

Too far gone to help? Yes that is me also, depression, panic attacks, bi-polar, agrophobic alcoholic. Find your path, it is worth the pain.

Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

What i find is its best to take it a day at a time, at my very worst, an hour at a time,
i dont really think of the future much, as it terrifies me.

Live for now.

Some would consider me a failure, maybe, but ive tried , sometimes success . sometimes failure,
im very hard on myself, and i have a tendency to wallow in my misery.

But i am still alive.

I can still see my cats and rabbit play, still see the sun rise, still watch the moon, still smell the morning air,
so many cant,

Ive lost friends, lovers, sometimes my fault, sometimes not.

But im still me, whoever that may be, or whatever that may be.

J

JustinS1998

What i find is its best to take it a day at a time, at my very worst, an hour at a time,
i dont really think of the future much, as it terrifies me.

Live for now.

Some would consider me a failure, maybe, but ive tried , sometimes success . sometimes failure,
im very hard on myself, and i have a tendency to wallow in my misery.

But i am still alive.

I can still see my cats and rabbit play, still see the sun rise, still watch the moon, still smell the morning air,
so many cant,

Ive lost friends, lovers, sometimes my fault, sometimes not.

But im still me, whoever that may be, or whatever that may be.
That reply as well as that little quote there at the bottom was really inspirational. Thank you <3

Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

That reply as well as that little quote there at the bottom was really inspirational. Thank you <3
Hello,
Thank you,
Your not alone , so many people feel the same way.

You will find your path in life, try to surround yourself with kind people ,and try to be gentle on yourself, and i must do the same,
Take care of yourself .