• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Past few weeks or months.

Yabbo

Yabbo

So since my father died in January and a friend of mine was murdered in March. I've been having some stuff happen to me.

So, it started with messages, like subliminal messages, I don't know what they were but they made me feel nervous.

Then I started hearing gibberish, garbled like someone was speaking through a fan in a language I didn't recognize. Now it's got to people shouting in my room at night.

I'm barely sleeping nowadays.

nonotme

nonotme

I'm barely sleeping nowadays.
I am sorry to hear of your losses, grief can cause all sorts of issues with us, please seek help from your GP asap. take care of yourself.

SarahD

SarahD

Hi Yabbo

So sorry for your losses. It must have been devastating to lose your father, and then for your friend to be killed.

Have you had any of these voices before? Sometimes people have strange experiences following bereavement. I did when my father died, and also when my mother died, and someone else I was close too.

I have read your posts where you have mentioned other problems.

Yabbo

Yabbo

Once or twice. Never this bad.

Yeah, I had some traumatic stuff happen to me about 5 years ago. Still messes with me even now.

I'm going to see a doctor on Thursday. Going to bring it up then.

G

Gredge23

Once or twice. Never this bad.

Yeah, I had some traumatic stuff happen to me about 5 years ago. Still messes with me even now.

I'm going to see a doctor on Thursday. Going to bring it up then.
Well done on going to the doctor Thursday , hope u get the help you deserve.

Yabbo

Yabbo

Shouldn't think so, they tend to allow me to deteriorate and then I do something and then they give me help for a few months. Rinse and repeat.

I believe the reason I am passing out is from damage done to my system by Diazepam.

G

Gredge23

Shouldn't think so, they tend to allow me to deteriorate and then I do something and then they give me help for a few months. Rinse and repeat.

I believe the reason I am passing out is from damage done to my system by Diazepam.
Reminds me of my doc :(

fate_w_g

fate_w_g

Hello Yabbo and welcome to the forum,

It's good to hear that you are on the path to getting the help you need. Stress and trauma can definitely bring on the symptoms you are describing.

I hope your doctor helps you and doesn't leave you to deteriorate like you say.

Good luck and all the best.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Hearing Voices Forum 5