Passport

C

clouds

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Is it straight forward to renew a passport when the old one ran out a long time ago? I've looked online at the form and it seems too complicated to deal with, it's frightening me and I don't know why, any tips would be very welcome
Thanks
clouds x

BlueGlass

BlueGlass

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think you can pay a bit of money at the post office to get them to check through it for you, to make sure it is okay before you send it off. Think it is about £10 extra.

I did it online and it is in steps, so was okay. I think you need to get someone in authority to sign the form to say it is you. That is the hard bit for me. I asked my minister.

xxx

C

clouds

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hiya, thank you both, I don't need one immediately but will have to tackle it before too long xx

pentagram

pentagram

whatever you do, do not get drawn into one of those fake sites that seem to appear first on google etc when you look online for passports.

Only use the GOV.UK website

there is a wonderful long helplist to give you all the info you need.

https://www.gov.uk/browse/abroad/passports

Happy travelling

my passport ran out 11 years ago and I haven't seen it since which is OK by me as I have no need and no money to go abroad again anyway.

C

clouds

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi pentagram, thank you, that is very helpful and something I'd not thought or was aware of. I'm terrified of the thought of having to travel abroad again tbh which sounds very contradictory because I'd love to travel again, eventually, this feels more like an obligation more then something to look forward to, which it shouldn't, don't know how am going to finance it all either but won't be going anywhere without a passport :)