• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

passes

insomnia

insomnia

Founding Member
I wonder if anyone can help me, in my local paper a few weeks ago this man was given a disabled pass, a new thing, because although he was disabled you couldnot tell to look at him he was, so now the powers that be have come up with a new pass, just wondered if anyone knew what it is called, and where you obtain one. thanks:hug:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Sorry i've not heard about it .

I have read that you are retired.......... do i take it retired due to ill health ? , if not don't you automatically get a pass at retirment age .

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
In London they are called 'Freedom Passes'. They're a little different to OAP passes in that you can use them before 09:30hrs (so you can get to work etc). I think if you just ask your local council for the disabled persons travelcard, they should be able to send a form out to you, which you will then need a qualified other (i.e. CPN, SW, or Shrink) to verify your status, then they should give you one. I've had mine for over 10 years, let me tell you an all zones travel pass is a real boost, would cost me a fortune in travel otherwise.

insomnia

insomnia

Founding Member
pass

Thanks all of you no its not a bus pass or anything its a new pass that just states that you are disabled and need to use the disabled loo or something else like that, its for people who look ordinary but have a disability no one can see so they now come up with this new pass, you can also use it to get into theatres and cinemas cheaper than normal,because you are disabled in some way in mind or body, but not visible to other people necessarily, am in making this plain or even more confusing, sorry ha.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
No perfectly clear. In that case I've heard nothing about them, tho' it sounds quite beneficial...