Partners second attempt at sucide tonight , don’t know where to turn t

M

Maddie123

Sorry if this is distressing for anyone just need some support my partner who is the love of my life tried to attempt sucide again today second time in last 6 weeks he is in the army so his treatment plan or crisis plan as their calling it is a bit complex as their doing things their way and how they see fit which at time is distressing for him they put him back into work a day after his discharge at hospital after first attempt which I found not right but I feel pushed aside from his care as the army take over his duty of care and need some support myself as I’m trying to be strong for my partner but obviously inside this is utterly heartbreaking watching the person you love do this to them self and now a second time unsure if right forum thanks xx

T

Tabby 88

Sorry if this is distressing for anyone just need some support my partner who is the love of my life tried to attempt sucide again today second time in last 6 weeks he is in the army so his treatment plan or crisis plan as their calling it is a bit complex as their doing things their way and how they see fit which at time is distressing for him they put him back into work a day after his discharge at hospital after first attempt which I found not right but I feel pushed aside from his care as the army take over his duty of care and need some support myself as I’m trying to be strong for my partner but obviously inside this is utterly heartbreaking watching the person you love do this to them self and now a second time unsure if right forum thanks xx
You are in the right place, one of the right places anyway. I think the military know what they are doing even if it seems wrong to us. They know more than we do. I think the second attempt is a major thing in terms of a risk assessment and different things will happen now.

See what they decide this time and if you are not happy that he is safe, as in admitted to a safe place for a fortnight at the least, then you need to speak to someone else in authority. This must be very frightening for you but i do know that carers, anyone else part of a person's life, cannot always save them from suicide attempts because being unwell is a dark place where you don't think and feel like you usually would. It is a confusing place to be and all thoughts can be twisted. I pushed everyone away and could not connect with anybody. I wanted to be alone, and would go away places on my own and not think of anyone else.

People are not in their right mind which is why they need keeping safe so i think physical safety is the main thing you need to do. Talking to him may not be as much help because his thinking would be distorted i believe, but i am not an expert, just a person who has been through it and we are all different.

Normal rules don't apply though when you feel that way.

If it is a military issue with their treatment choice, you could also find a forum with people on their who are involved with the military. Stay here also because we can help you and listen to you. Carers need caring for too.

T

Tabby 88

:welcome:

There must be people who are or have been in the military on the forum who can help you. Keep checking back for other replies.

:grouphug:

M

Maddie123

Thank you so much Tabby 88 for your reply means a lot 🤗🤗 yeah it is very scary and upsetting knowing he’s in this frame of mind all I can do is be their the doctors this evening haven’t seen concern to get cpn involved tonight out of hours I’m guessing as was in accident and emergency and they want the army to carry on with his crisis plan so already got two appointments set up to attend tomorrow it’s hard not to get irate with them as sometimes I feel they don’t treat him like a human it’s all very official but I understand army have their way of doing things it’s just horrible standing back and accepting that you cannot always help the person you love , I’m very sorry to hear you went through difficulties yourself and I hope you are in or getting in a better place now and it’s great you can offer others advice and very kind words thank you so much wide eyed tonight heads racing ☹️ X

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry about your partner, here to listen anytime.
That's a bit rough putting him straight back to work, sounds like he needs a break from the army.
Did anything trigger his suicide attempt?
Hope you'll both be okay.
You've come to the right place for support.
It can be very hard on carers make sure you look after after yourself to.
It's so good your partner has you fighting his cause.
Take care Hun

M

Maddie123

Yeah he wants to leave he might be on a medical leave soon anyway as his duty’s have been ranked down due to bank injuries but every time he asks to hand in his leave his senior just keeps putting it off so as it stands he’s tried to put it in 3 times and they just keep telling him to rethink it , his triggers right now are just anytime he is upset or angry he will just want to grab a packet of tablets and not be here very impulsive it’s horrible seeing the person you love almost act like a stranger but I understand it’s the illness not him the army also is a different world from mine so feel very pushed aside thank you so much for your kind message been in and out of sleep hoping this was all a nightmare thank you 🤗🤗💜

T

Tabby 88

Maddie, i hope it is a comfort that so very many people are also going through this right now. I'm sure eventually the army will realise the severity of the situation as people don't take overdoses without excellent cause. I hope they will realise that tomorrow.

I am so much better than i was and went through a long time like that. I am lucky i am alive. I was eventually helped but it took a long time. Lots of people aren't so lucky.

The army i am sure know they have to be very careful.

It is difficult but this is life i think. We all go through different trial in life and this is yours. Be strong.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Hi Maddie, I don't feel in any position to offer any advice. But just wanted you to know that people out here care.
You need as much support as he does at a time like this,
Urban Hermit x