• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Partner with depression

T

terrytibbs999

Personally with my bpd i would never hurt another person, when mine flares up i only target myself :hug1:
yeh. I think she’s a nasty person. With nasty traits deep down. She always excuses her violence to this day. She should have begged me to come
Back after punching me
So many times in the head. That shows she has no love for
Me. She’s never really been truly apologetic over it. It’s digusting

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

yeh. I think she’s a nasty person. With nasty traits deep down. She always excuses her violence to this day. She should have begged me to come
Back after punching me
So many times in the head. That shows she has no love for
Me. She’s never really been truly apologetic over it. It’s digusting
do you think the links i found will help you? :hug1:

T

terrytibbs999

do you think the links i found will help you? :hug1:
Thank you but to be honest no. I think just speaking to people on these forums will. And having the strength to leave her. I know I am being manipulated. She might love me. Not enough though as she isn’t showing me she is. There’s people who spend their lives in a relationship like this. I’m not going to be one of them people. I really appreciate your messages. And I will let you know what happens. I left her this afternoon and said I’m not coming back. I’m gonna go sleep now. Goodnight

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Thank you but to be honest no. I think just speaking to people on these forums will. And having the strength to leave her. I know I am being manipulated. She might love me. Not enough though as she isn’t showing me she is. There’s people who spend their lives in a relationship like this. I’m not going to be one of them people. I really appreciate your messages. And I will let you know what happens. I left her this afternoon and said I’m not coming back. I’m gonna go sleep now. Goodnight
okay sleep well i hope you have nice dreams :hug:

LunaBloodmist

LunaBloodmist

Hi Lewis, so sorry to hear you both are going through such a tough time. Perhaps she wants to be alone to see if she can figure it out, and doesn't want to take it out on you. I have struggled with resisting medication, and trying to find what works can be challenging. Maybe when she is in the mood to talk, you could mention it as a suggestion if she doesn't seem to be getting better on her own? Let her know you support her decision. As for doctors and therapy, I think it helps to look at reviews and what their specialties are. There are many types of therapy available, but it's all up to her. You sound like a wonderful boyfriend for trying to take care of her. Unfortunately, you can only do so much. Let her have her space for two weeks, and then go from there. Ask her if it's okay to check in on her, but it doesn't have to be a full conversation. Depression can stop us from letting someone know we need help. We don't want to feel like a burden. We hate the feeling of needing special care because "something is wrong with me". You're doing your best, but as others have said, take care of yourself too! As someone with bipolar disorder, I know I have been pretty terrible to my bf at times, and I'm far from proud of it. No one deserves that. It takes work from both sides if you choose to stay together. Best of luck to both of you.