• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Partner moving back to home country

M

MrCarrow

Hi all

My partner is moving back to her home country in the next few weeks. I'm absolutely terrified of that day when I have to say goodbye to her at the airport. She is honestly the first person I've really loved and who loves me just as much in return.

I plan to teach English in her country within the next 4-5 months, but I'm so worried about whether or not I can make a career out of it.

If I take a Masters then I can potentially teach in International schools, however I'm not sure if my BA grade is good enough.

I also think that what if I don't like the job what do I do? I work in IT at the moment but I don't really want to continue in this field

I feel that as this day gets closer I'm feeling very down and worried about my future. I really don't want to have another breakdown like I did last year

beeyourselfkid

beeyourselfkid

Aw man, that stinks. But you two are still together right? I think you should be able to but it reallly depends on the school and the state/province and the country's requirements for you to teach. So if I were you, I'd be researching a lot before hand going obviously. So if you somehow can't, maybe teach at another country and gain experience there and then work up the ladder.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T People 6
C People 32