• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Partner has been sectioned

L

Lab rat

On my part, it was a mini protest. It’s over now

P

pollypocket88

Hi there how is your husband today ? I’m now out of hospital I had my depot injection to help me with my pychosis . I haven’t been on olazapine but it does come in a injection form that Might suit your husband better . I didn’t take my meds ended up in hospital the depot is the better option for me .

I

I love you

Hi there how is your husband today ? I’m now out of hospital I had my depot injection to help me with my pychosis . I haven’t been on olazapine but it does come in a injection form that Might suit your husband better . I didn’t take my meds ended up in hospital the depot is the better option for me .
Morning. I am off to see him tonight but will be ringing at 10am to speak to him. Spoke to him last night about 8pm and he said he was a lot calmer. He’s not angry with people it’s himself. I just hope that these delusional thoughts will start to slow down as they just keep saying that he is still very poorly. He’s in a medium security hospital at minute but before he comes home he has to go to another hospital at Durham. Pleased to hear that you are out of hospital. I hope the injection works better for you ❤

L

Lab rat

Ask the question. If you can get olanzapine in depot it may me just the solution to the problem.

Tablets are not for everyone, but needles are not for me, I’m terrified of them. I’ve been on all the meds except clozapine which I would have tried if it were not for the weekly blood tests

Wishbone

Wishbone

He has been taking his meds for a full weeks today which is olanzapine. Please take your meds I know no one wants to take pills but they obviously do work. Hope you are feeling better soon
I think the point Lab rat was trying to make was that he may be taking them now, and he may take them for a few months once home, but if he decides he doesn't need or want them, he'll stop taking them and you'll end up with this all over again.
If he gets the injection it is more certain and there's a record of him having had it so no pretending to have taken pills or anything like that. For peace of mind at least, it is the best option. But you'll only be able to talk to him about any of these kinds of things once he's out of the psychosis.

I

I love you

Ask the question. If you can get olanzapine in depot it may me just the solution to the problem.

Tablets are not for everyone, but needles are not for me, I’m terrified of them. I’ve been on all the meds except clozapine which I would have tried if it were not for the weekly blood tests
I will defo ask about that as I think once he is home that he may think he’s ok. So injection would be the best idea. Thank you 😊

I

I love you

I think the point Lab rat was trying to make was that he may be taking them now, and he may take them for a few months once home, but if he decides he doesn't need or want them, he'll stop taking them and you'll end up with this all over again.
If he gets the injection it is more certain and there's a record of him having had it so no pretending to have taken pills or anything like that. For peace of mind at least, it is the best option. But you'll only be able to talk to him about any of these kinds of things once he's out of the psychosis.
Yeah I understand now. Thank you for that information 😊 I will have little talks with him which I did with his meds so he would take them

L

Lab rat

That’s exactly the point I was trying to make. I’m glad you could succeed where I failed. I have been there, pretending to take meds and throwing them away. I was just trying to save you that. It’s obvious you love your husband very much, this illness can be like a cancer to good relationships. When untreated, we have a tendency to turn on our loved ones. It’s only recently I accused my wife of putting tapeworm eggs in my food because I was off my meds, luckily she can handle me. But that’s taken years of trial and error

I

I love you

That’s exactly the point I was trying to make. I’m glad you could succeed where I failed. I have been there, pretending to take meds and throwing them away. I was just trying to save you that. It’s obvious you love your husband very much, this illness can be like a cancer to good relationships. When untreated, we have a tendency to turn on our loved ones. It’s only recently I accused my wife of putting tapeworm eggs in my food because I was off my meds, luckily she can handle me. But that’s taken years of trial and error
I really do appreciate the advice. I know it’s going to be a long road and I’m pleased to be here for everyone to help me and give me advice. Thank you 😊

L

Lab rat

The good news is that with the right meds, we can completely revert to the person you knew. I hope that’s the case for your husband.

I

I love you

The good news is that with the right meds, we can completely revert to the person you knew. I hope that’s the case for your husband.
I have been to see him tonight and he is getting there. He still has a bit of delusion but that’s it. Which is really good compared to 3 weeks ago.