• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Part two, building up a satisfying life, responsibilities & pleasures..all are welcome to join in

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

Bristol, TN/VA, USA (near mountains and 6 hours fr
I tweeked a couple sharp responses from Dayna yesterday morning. I had given unasked for advice. Decided to let it ride.
After feeling off for the last few, I knocked myself out and slept all day. Got up perky at midnight.
Sent Dayna a too long message. Then pulled up my paper. I was in the groove to write. Love it when that happens. It's almost wrapped up the close. I have to look a few things up. I was drinking coffee all night long, so have just dozed the last few hours. Brewed more when I got up. I am going to try to use my perky to clean up the office. I am pretty proud of my paper. I don't know what the next one will be on but I am going to try to make it 5-6 pages. I had done such extensive study for the current one that I have 13 pages and only focused on the first half. But I am happy with the way I quick wrapped the later part. Actually it is the best paper I have ever written and I am sure it is a strong A.

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

I have had a lot of shocks to my worldview from things my family has told me. I was in horrible shape the other day. Rested. Got in the zone with my class, getting up at 1:24am. Spent around 12 hours on it yesterday. I got a lot done but have a total brain drain today. smocked toke.Joe visited. He is out of groceries. And both our checks got shorted. At least Joe gets paid tomorrow. We have a therapist appmt. tomorrow. She and David really click. We will make Bob Evans baked potato soup tomorrow. If I want to, I can go clothes shopping at Cracker Barrel. I did a declutter when I felt so bad the other day. Think I will do a little more.

E

exyz

Hello Tilta. it is so good to come here after my absence and see that you are more confident in your writings and papers. Lovely to see you thriving academically, look after yourself won't you, please, as well as everyone else.:)

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

Hey, exyz, so glad to see you. I am completely full of myself right now. I have a bi-weekly assignment, a mapping assignment, which was fun. I got to choose the 4 countries. Belize. France, Nederlands, Argentina. and my PAPER, just finished this morning...all are finished. So the grades recorded so far are 300%, 300%, 400%. So, I am turning in my next 3 grades. have 1 of 3 tests due Wed 5pm Womp-David says I don't need to go to therapist with him. I am dealing with my things. He needs to go over the way his parents are trying to hoover him. I just need quality sleep and extra for the things I am processing. I will need a nap or two to reorient to test study.

E

exyz

Gosh you are doing so well Tilta, my heart is bursting with pride for how you are coping with all this. Well done you. Good for you, yes, pace yourself and little naps, great idea. I hope that David finds the therapist a help with his family. :hug:

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

The therapist and I helped David go no contact. It has been awhile, so I guess they are fishing to see if he is "over it"
I have never had a prof who graded higher than 100% so this is a trip but I have found that if I do more than expected, she rewards that.
The guy next to me, a smart and funny, classmate -was filling out his homework assignment answering the questions with 2 or 3 sentences. I saw another girl do that but I don't think she is top of the class. But, it gets me...HOW... Those questions take me around 3 paragraphs per 1 question having 3 other related questions. grouped as one question. But she rewards for that. I didn't put anything special in the mapping
I don't know how the points are for the paper. So chuffed to get it back.

thank you for your comment exyz, it is a nudge to start reading. I put it off because it used to be very easy for me but my memory is crap now. or maybe because it is going to be hard...or both.
Dug around. I have 1 study guide for the covered 3 chapters. good I found it.

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

I failed the Test. Not sure I have ever gotten such a low score before but it doesn't trouble me. All the other scores turned in are enough to cover it. Now I know how to study for next 2 of them.
It's bothering the prof more.
she said I got an excellent score on homework from answering almost all the questions.
Wants me to re-do the mapping. Need to get a printout from her to work on it.
I took a mental health day off.
I am one chapter behind. and one needed for Tuesday. I have to incorporate reading the textbook like a parallel class

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

She really wanted me to retake the test very badly. So I dived in and did it this morning. The computer score said 78.? but it looks like she does take 10% off the top for the 2nd attempt. wound up with a 70.9 then I was disappointed. Several of the questions I had looked up & I don't see how I got those wrong. I hate those tricky multiple choice ones. Homework score this week is 700%! (I answer more questions than required) It says choose two but I do them all. MOST important, she said my paper is quite good and she just wants to help me make it perfect. She will do some edit suggestions and that I may want to write a longer close. fine. I did rush to end it abruptly because of it's length. Yesterday I read my chapter (ta-da!) and did the homework on that. 3am to 3pm. But it winds me up and I get manicy when done. I try to lay down and roll around like a carnival ride and racing thoughts that won't stop. I have to sedate myself and often it takes enough that I then sleep all night (or rather very early the next morning). I don't like that. Today I only redid the test and was able to take a normal nap. Now I am kind of at loose ends. I don't want to clean. I can't find the $75 gift card to Olive Garden that a friend sent for Christmas. damn. damn. damn. It can't have disappeared. Daughter and I are getting along well. I have a book I want to read that isn't for anything other than my interest. I think I will do that.

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

Yesterday evening was so normal.That is so unusual. I slept later this morning and am not feeling pressured and stressed which is what I have been feeling. I guess because I have things done for class tomorrow. don't have that back log from the test chapters. and mostly I am elated that she likes my paper! I am behind on one chapter and I reckon I will read it here in a bit but am not feeling overwhelmed. Normally I would be in a devil's rush to get the assignment done. It would be wise to reread the chapter for tomorrow since I found it dense, boring and can't answer much of anything about it. I will have to revise my schedule so I do get a 2nd read on the chapters to be right for the next test. Wed will be a long hard day getting ready for TH class. So, I am going to go back and read the chapter I missed and do that homework, hoping it doesn't take me 12 hours but that seems to be what it takes.

write

write

Yesterday evening was so normal.That is so unusual. I slept later this morning and am not feeling pressured and stressed which is what I have been feeling. I guess because I have things done for class tomorrow. don't have that back log from the test chapters. and mostly I am elated that she likes my paper! I am behind on one chapter and I reckon I will read it here in a bit but am not feeling overwhelmed. Normally I would be in a devil's rush to get the assignment done. It would be wise to reread the chapter for tomorrow since I found it dense, boring and can't answer much of anything about it. I will have to revise my schedule so I do get a 2nd read on the chapters to be right for the next test. Wed will be a long hard day getting ready for TH class. So, I am going to go back and read the chapter I missed and do that homework, hoping it doesn't take me 12 hours but that seems to be what it takes.
I'm glad that this class is suiting you Tilta, sounds like you're doing great. Hope you get good rests in too xx