Parliament wants your experiences of mental health care

R

Rose19602

Thanks for that Shaky. Everyone should complete this form IMO.
Please do! Have your say everyone.
x

shaky

shaky

Thought I'd BUMP this thrread as it is important

Come on everyone - tell the Lords and MPs what you think of emergency MH services

Kerome

Kerome

Filled it in, gave them a piece of my mind. It's pretty shameful how much research you have to do over a long period to learn just how things work, and even then you're trapped within the system.

shaky

shaky

Actually - I think the stuff about emergency care is over.
Although none of the web pages or reports have dates on them - so I can't be certain.

Here is a link to a report which has been written from the responses and discussions.
http://www.rethink.org/media/967083/appg_written_evidence_-_emergency_care.pdf

or there may be a proper report with reccomendations to follow - the whole thing is not well presented.

I have sent an email to the address mentioned asking for some clarity on all this.
What is the point of a survey and submissions if it doesn't generate some kind of action?

Last edited:
shaky

shaky

..got an automatic email back saying that she has left rethink!!
Well, that's bloomin' brilliant :curseyou:

Forwarded email onto another address.
:mad:

Rod Whiteley

Rod Whiteley

I think the stuff about emergency care turned into the "crisis care concordat", which has its own website: Mental Health Crisis Care Concordat

The concordat document itself is on the site under Resources.

Each local authority area in England is expected to publish a declaration and an action plan, although so far there are only about 15 declarations and one action plan.

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

I am SERIOUSLY disengaged with politics and I believe that very LAST people that are going to make things better are politicians.

I don't see the point really in telling them anything, nothing gets done, people are still left in harms way and NOTHING changes.

So while they see fit to fund India's Space Program rather than give that money to the NHS to improve mental health services, I truly can't be bothered.

Sorry, I feel ashamed to be so cynical but I know what is needed is MONEY and all the politicians are too worried about the votes of 'middle england' to raise more money for what is truly needed in society, compassion, care and support.

shaky

shaky

I am SERIOUSLY disengaged with politics and I believe that very LAST people that are going to make things better are politicians.

I don't see the point really in telling them anything, nothing gets done, people are still left in harms way and NOTHING changes.

So while they see fit to fund India's Space Program rather than give that money to the NHS to improve mental health services, I truly can't be bothered.

Sorry, I feel ashamed to be so cynical but I know what is needed is MONEY and all the politicians are too worried about the votes of 'middle england' to raise more money for what is truly needed in society, compassion, care and support.
You are partly right
BUT
We have to engage because otherwise it will just get worse.
We have to keep telling them what is needed and what we want. If we just go away they will ignore us totally. If we engage then they will have to think about it, they will have to consider that we might be voters, and maybe even, they will rest less easily in their beds. (Although that's rather a mean-spirited thought)

shaky

shaky

I think the stuff about emergency care turned into the "crisis care concordat", which has its own website: Mental Health Crisis Care Concordat

The concordat document itself is on the site under Resources.

Each local authority area in England is expected to publish a declaration and an action plan, although so far there are only about 15 declarations and one action plan.
Oh that!
I have been keeping an eye on that. My area has so far produced nothing.
You in Gloucesterhsire are doing alright. The only county that has produced the actions.
Lucky you

Is there a deadline for the concordat to be completed?

C

Cazzy_1

I agree so don't feel you are being cynical about politicians you are being honest and true and there are a lot of people who have lost faith in politicians. They are cynical about us right!!!!

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

Thanks for posting this - I have filled out the form (even though I think it's a complete waste of time) but I enjoyed being able to write a rant :D