• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Parents or delusions

G

Georgia82

Ever since I can remember on and off I was convinced my parents aren’t my real parents. I don’t really fit in with them and I can’t be myself around them. My sister is nothing like me and we are like strangers, two people thrown together. They’ve always treated my sister differently, they used to say I imagined it but my husband agrees she is much more than the favourite. A few years ago we found out my son had a genetic abnormality and the consultant suggested my parents get tested to see where it came from, when asked they both refused. Am I delusional? Is there any sort of database that could give me answers?

S

Sapphirepenguin9900

that does sound a bit odd but I wouldn't jump to conclusions but I wouldn't say you're delusions especially if your husband thinks it is odd too. They might not of wanted to get tested as some people are just like that. I think it also does happen quite a bit where parents favorite one sibling, which isn't really fair but it happens. I mean you could always try asking/hinting at the subject and see what they come out with. I don't think there is anyway you can check for certain without their consent for a DNA test though.