• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Parents only as a relatives.

A

Alicjawis1999

Since actually always I couldn't make my parents to understand me. Me and theme are like totally diffrent worlds. I can't stand that I'm dependent on theme. I think that they don't love me they just love imaginary person that In their thoughts I will become. But I'm nothing a like. But they just keep pressing me harder. I find that very abusing. I tried to talk to them but that just doesn't work. One day I'd like to just run away leaving a farewell message that says "I'm leaving, don't look for me, I don't want to know you anymore". Then I would go to a place where I could do a sex reassingment surgery. And start a new life on my rules and live it the way I want. I know that these people are my parents. But they are just relatives to me, nothing more. You think guys that it is okay to think that way?

JessisMe

JessisMe

Since actually always I couldn't make my parents to understand me. Me and theme are like totally diffrent worlds. I can't stand that I'm dependent on theme. I think that they don't love me they just love imaginary person that In their thoughts I will become. But I'm nothing a like. But they just keep pressing me harder. I find that very abusing. I tried to talk to them but that just doesn't work. One day I'd like to just run away leaving a farewell message that says "I'm leaving, don't look for me, I don't want to know you anymore". Then I would go to a place where I could do a sex reassingment surgery. And start a new life on my rules and live it the way I want. I know that these people are my parents. But they are just relatives to me, nothing more. You think guys that it is okay to think that way?
Of course it’s okay. Nobody’s parents are perfect.
They don’t give out a handbook on how to be a good parent when people are born and most parents just middle through doing what they think is a good job. I’m sure your parents think the ways they are pushing you are the best for you and are in your own self interest. You want different. They approach these goals from a limited understanding. I’m sure this drives a wedge between you as you likely feel resentment for all these pressures they put on you. Try to appreciate that they are trying to do what they think is best for you. They are trying to be their understanding of what it means to be a good parent. Hold onto your own dreams about the future and consider them just a relative if you like. You probably feel that there is little you can bond over as parent and child these days. Be grateful that they support you. Pursue your own dreams.

CelticTwilight

CelticTwilight

Reminds me of my youth. My parents would keep coming up with ideas for what job I should go for and ignore or try to discourage me from doing what I wanted to do.

Be careful not to just do some job to get back at your parents. It is best to try and focus on who you are and where you see yourself.

If you have plans you could get these out and sit down with your parents maybe one at a time just so they can see how serious you are. It might convince them that they are wasting their time trying to steer your path.

It is also okay if you do not know what you want to do with your life yet but if you don't maybe now is the time to start thinking about a career.