• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Paranoid

K

Katie84

Hiya, i keep having nightmares and they are getting more frequent they have been going on for a year now.

Its always the same story my OH leaves me, i find him cheating, he tells me he has cheated.

I have no reason to not trust him which i used to in the beginning and i dont anymore.

My nightmares are getting worse, more graffic (sp), i am getting more and more violent in each one, the one i had last week i actually killed the girl with a knife, i dont know where its going to stop its causing arguments left right and centre between us, i did feel like i was getting better for a while but i am just ready to hurt myself.

I feel like one day i am actually going to seriously hurt someone and i dont know how to stop myself.

The only doctor that understands me if off yet again until monday and im going out of my mind.

Please help.

A

Apotheosis

I get bad dreams & sometimes horrific nightmares. I don't know what to suggest. I rationalise them & try analysis on them.

K

Katie84

The more i think about them the more they effect me, they are on my mind for days and i cant think of anything else.

I dont know why they effect me so much they make me scared of myself and what i will do.

A

Apotheosis

It doesn't mean that you will act out what you are dreaming - dreams are often not literal.

The dreams you describe may relate to your own fears & apprehensions. They may relate all to yourself - that the dreams have to do with your own sense of identity, trust issues, & self image.

I used to have dreams that people were breaking into the house & killing me. the dreams got more & more that I would overpower these attackers. I took these dreams to mean that I was overcoming certain self destructive aspects of myself.

Maybe one possible explanation is that you are the person in the dream that is cheating (not that you are doing so in real life) - it is a representation of the negative, or more shadowy aspects of yourself - & you being violent to this person in the dream, is simply a reflection of your unconscious mechanism to eradicate the things that you don't like about yourself.

Just an idea. Just a thought. I'm not saying that it is that - But dreams can have many individual & multiple meanings; that are often not readily or literally apparent.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zardos Depression Forum 4