• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Paranoid?

G

Garnia

I’m 29 and was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I can understand the mood swings, irritability, and manic episode as part of the disorder. I’m not sure about something else though and was hoping for some input! Sometimes I get into these modes where I feel like people don’t like me? Like my friends are talking behind my back and my dad doesn’t care about me. It’s only during certain times though. It’s definitely not when I’m in manic mode, that’s when I think everyone loves me and I know how awesome I am 😂. Does anyone have experience with this?

N

NoOne5

Nope. Well it's good you think highly about yourself. Keep it up. You deserve self esteem. :peace: (y)

h_put2021

h_put2021

I’m 29 and was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I can understand the mood swings, irritability, and manic episode as part of the disorder. I’m not sure about something else though and was hoping for some input! Sometimes I get into these modes where I feel like people don’t like me? Like my friends are talking behind my back and my dad doesn’t care about me. It’s only during certain times though. It’s definitely not when I’m in manic mode, that’s when I think everyone loves me and I know how awesome I am 😂. Does anyone have experience with this?
Okay yes... this is definitely me. My friends get pissed at me for asking for reassurance because I'm just so paranoid.. so yeah. Definitely experience this.

B

Bipolarbear808

Hi Garnia,

Do you notice if these modes tend to happen more during your depressive dips? I say that because when I'm on the down slide is when I tend to be a lot more judgmental of myself and thats usually when I have similar thoughts. But yes, I can definitely relate to what you're saying.

B

boffin1252

Yes I think people are plotting against me when I get paranoid. Especially at work. The other side is nothing matters depression, what's the point of living.

G

Garnia

Thank you for telling me!
Hi Garnia,

Do you notice if these modes tend to happen more during your depressive dips? I say that because when I'm on the down slide is when I tend to be a lot more judgmental of myself and thats usually when I have similar thoughts. But yes, I can definitely relate to what you're saying.
yes I think so! I mean, I don’t really get into deep depression. During this time though, I’m usually unmotivated and just want to lay in bed, even though I’m really bored and time is moving by really slowly. Maybe that’s my version of the “low” part of bipolar disorder?

B

Bipolarbear808

Thank you for telling me!

yes I think so! I mean, I don’t really get into deep depression. During this time though, I’m usually unmotivated and just want to lay in bed, even though I’m really bored and time is moving by really slowly. Maybe that’s my version of the “low” part of bipolar disorder?
I get like that too! I don't really know what to do with myself, but I don't really have the desire to really do anything. I think that is still considered to be a low grade persistent depression. It might not sound as bad as full blown manic depression, but it's not pleasant and it definitely has an impact on the quality of your life.

G

Garnia

Yes I think people are plotting against me when I get paranoid. Especially at work. The other side is nothing matters depression, what's the point of living.
Hi Garnia,

Yeah, I think it’s during my down side, I don’t usually get very depressed though. Mostly just paranoid and unmotivated. Thanks for responding!

h_put2021

h_put2021

I also relate to this. I get very paranoid that people don't like me, are going to leave me and I constantly have to check and recheck and it's exhausting for both people.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zardos Bipolar Forum 18