• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Paranoid

M

Meryl

I showed my mental health nurse there were other people in the room with us I was telling them to go away but she said was I was attention seeking there is nobody else here you are making it up

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

That's extremely insensitive and unnecessary! Regardless of whether she could see them or not, she shouldn't have said those things to you. Sorry to hear that you were dismissed in that way.

M

Meryl

The voices in my head are getting worse they keep telling me kill myself and that everybody wants to kill you I tried speaking to my psychiatrist but he did not even ring me back

porkpie

porkpie

I would be interested to know why your doctor isn't taking you seriously? How long have you had BPD for? You need to find another pdoc who listens to you. I had BPD first time I got diagnosed and that changed to Schizoaffective disorder after a short while so it can be done even when one is first diagnosed with a shitty illness like BPD. What are you telling your docoter?

M

Meryl

I am telling my doctor everything but he just won't listen to me at all all he keeps saying its bpd and nothing else he thinks I am attention seeking that's what he puts on the letter I get from him after I have seen him

F

flatz

Voices are not indictive of Schizophrenia
What I would do is if you think you got Schizophrenia is find out about Kurt Schneider's first rank symptoms.

It's a cluster of symptoms that many psychiatrist go by and maybe it will give you some clarity rather than self diagnosing.

Gajolene

Gajolene

If your doctor isn't listening maybe go into A&E for more immediate assistance. I believe they would need to do another psych evaluation and you could see a different doctor while there who may take you more seriously. May mean a few days in hospital but at least they would take you seriously. Take someone with you who can be a witness for you as well.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
LionessInTrouble Fiancé is a paranoid schizophrenic with bipolar disorder and split personalities. Schizophrenia Forum 13
D Paranoid schizophrenia - laughing to yourself ? Schizophrenia Forum 5
slowturtle Paranoid Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1
T Paranoid Schizophrenia Forum 6
Q I [M21] feel like my brother [M28] has paranoid thoughts and I really don't know what to do about it Schizophrenia Forum 4
T Idk if I even have paranoid schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1
I At the centre of a person's paranoid ideas Schizophrenia Forum 14
O Paranoid Android Schizophrenia Forum 15
D Paranoid ideas again Schizophrenia Forum 14
S Paranoid schizophrenia continued Schizophrenia Forum 3
S Paranoid Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 10
C Hallucinations make me paranoid and suicidal Schizophrenia Forum 3
Micsodi Help please, what consequences are there of early pension - paranoid schizophrenia - in the work-field +any information about handicap papers for life Schizophrenia Forum 5
B feeling anxious/paranoid Schizophrenia Forum 2
R Advice from sufferers of paranoid schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 6
vulch Might be a Paranoid Schizophrenic, looking for friends Schizophrenia Forum 40
P When you are paranoid... Schizophrenia Forum 11
H Paranoid family members society Schizophrenia Forum 7
S How can I help my mother? She’s diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, but still not showing any treatment is helping. Schizophrenia Forum 1
S Been feeling paranoid lately Schizophrenia Forum 5
S Is it possible to have "mild paranoid schizophrenia"? Schizophrenia Forum 13
C Paranoid Schizophrenic violent neighbour Schizophrenia Forum 27
S psychosis, paranoid schizophrenia, powerful headaches can be artificially created.. Schizophrenia Forum 7
Funnyday This made me paranoid Schizophrenia Forum 2
K Possibly paranoid schizophrenic? Schizophrenia Forum 6
N Paranoid schisophrenic just having a hard time with the diagnosis Schizophrenia Forum 5
vanish Is it just me or is this paranoid thinking? Schizophrenia Forum 5
S Paranoid rage Schizophrenia Forum 3
G Paranoid schizophrenia and marijuana Schizophrenia Forum 2
R Paranoid and don't know what to do? Schizophrenia Forum 2
R I have what might be an extreme paranoid delusion that I am facing. I need to know if it is real or imagined. Schizophrenia Forum 8
cpuusage Philip K. Dick's Paranoid Science Fiction Has Largely Become Our Everyday Reality Schizophrenia Forum 1
N Do I have justification to be paranoid? Schizophrenia Forum 1
T was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenic now im off meds and no symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 202
I Tired of feeling paranoid all the time Schizophrenia Forum 56
T How to convince a paranoid schizophrenic to seek help? Schizophrenia Forum 7
S Should people who hear voices be called Paranoid Schizophrenics? Schizophrenia Forum 3
N Am I paranoid? MH services spying on me? Schizophrenia Forum 7
S rTMS for Paranoid Schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 20
chesterking I do NOT have paranoid schiophrenia - Hypnosis made me say it LOL Schizophrenia Forum 5
chesterking I do have severe paranoid schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 9
BillFish Not a paranoid Schizophrenic anymore, it's official Schizophrenia Forum 9
cpuusage Paranoid Schizophrenia- What It's Like Schizophrenia Forum 18
O being paranoid about identity Schizophrenia Forum 2
N Paranoid Schizophrenic Neighbour Help Schizophrenia Forum 5
E anyone in Hampshire with paranoid schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1
M I thought I was paranoid but my GP said it is just anxiety. So then what is paranoia? Schizophrenia Forum 12
Just A Girl Help! My mum has Paranoid Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 2
M Paranoid Schizophrenia Forum 4
M Paranoid Schizophrenia Forum 13