• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Paranoid

M

Meryl

I keep hearing voices that tell me to do things and I keep hearing noises that are not there and I keep thinking everybody is out to get me so I stay in my flat and I don't see anybody

F

flatz

great, how long have you been diagnosed with schizophrenia>?

V

Viktoria

I'm sorry you feel so bad. I don't really know what to suggest, but it sounds awful. When are you next seeing your doc? Could you get someone to see you so you're not alone all the time? Big hugs xxx

M

Meryl

I have not been diagnosed with schizophrenia I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder I have tried telling them about hearing voices and noises and thinking everybody is out to get me but all they say is I have borderline personality disorder

porkpie

porkpie

It took the doctors a long time to recognise I was experiencing psychotic disturbances when I was diagnosed with BPD because they felt it was the BPD talking for attention seeking, it wasn't until I relapsed into full blown psychosis they realised I was actually psychotic. BPD is difficult to overcome and you saying your experiencing voices/noices will just tell them your malingering to get attention. I feel.

M

Meryl

That's why I don't tell anybody about it at all

M

Meryl

They said I was imagining it they did not believe me at all

porkpie

porkpie

They said I was imagining it they did not believe me at all
Sadly thats going to be on record now as being apart of you supposed BPD, difficult to get rid off as they put all future symptoms down to that illness and not look further into things.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I think you just need to be honest. Tell the p-doc you are hearing voices and tell him/her how it makes you feel.

You have to be honest - it is the only way.

V

Viktoria

I've had this too in the past when I was under CMHT. She diagnosed me with BPD after a 10 minute chat and that was that. Even though I was starting to hear voices and don't meet the BPD criteria. I fell so ill I was forced to move back to the Netherlands where at first the same thing happened but then I went to a different hospital and they took it seriously and prescribed me anti psychotics which eventually made me better.

It's a tough system where people can be very stubborn. Be as honest as you can though it's the only way to receive the help you need and deserve. Ask for a different doc if necessary.

Sending you hugs xxx

porkpie

porkpie

Also I think being completely honest is the best way forward but You need to demonstrate you're suffering psychotic symptoms without just telling your doctor your hearing voices/notices because without the evidence they'll think you're faking it.

M

Meryl

They already think I am making everything up so if I told them about hearing voices and noises again all they will say is I am doing it for attention but I am not I really do hear voices and noises all the time