• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Paranoid!!

tigerfish

tigerfish

This life is nasty!! Some terrible things have happened recently and I feel that my closest friends are talking about me to people I worry will react very badly to it? I can't trust anyone!! I feel like everyone is conspiring against me to make everything so difficult, I feel like I'm swimming through syrup the whole time and I'm tired now!! If my fear is correct, my life might as well be over anyway!! I don't know how to find out so I guess I will just have to wait for the explosion to occur!! Christmas is not a good time and with this playing on my mind as well, I want to hurt myself symbolically of all my pain!! To make other people get a glimpse of what's going on inside me!! The people that are effected by it will know deep down what they are doing to me!!! I know that no one would give a flying xxxx anyway!! I am so nervous that my so called friends are telling other people the things that I have confided in them, with!! These thing are potentially quite dangerous to me!! Sorry for rambling, my brain is working overtime trying to work out who knows what about me?

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

Okay, paranoia is not nice, i've had some really bad times with it so I understand your pain.

The key thing I try to focus on is that things are never as bad as I always think they are. That has always been true and I've looked back and thought I catastrophized things a bit. Plus I've learned that I am simply to important enough to others to worry about. People tend to focus much more on their own lives rather than worry about others!

It's okay though, you aren't rambling, we are all friends here
Davey x

bluemoon2

bluemoon2

I get extreme paranoia. I recently just went through an actual situation like yours. I was in a volunteer workplace, totally unpaid, trying to get my anxiety and life back on track to prepare me for the real workplace when all of a sudden my 'friends' who are supposed to be in their mid 20s here started spreading rumors about my mental health and about me aparentely spreading rumors about them. I used to be a professional photographer/superviser so realising how petty it was I left the workplace and cut ties with the lot of them. On a side note I sometimes have the same worries that family and friends are thinking badly of me, but Zi know this to be paranoia because I have the most awesome of friends going :) you just have to stay positive and remember true friends will stick by you.

H

Holly Golightly :)

You're not alone (as much as I feel it all time too) but I have similar experiences which have horrible impacts on my entire day. Paranoia is a horrible thing & hard to switch off once it's gets inside your head. I find myself that once I've a focus, it helps immensely, however, then I find myself terrified to be left alone with my thoughts in case the paranoia is triggered again. I've found my true friends are always by my side despite me (probably acting oddly around them) but I know these are the ones that will understand if ever I was to explain I suffer from this. It's finding the courage to take that step. Good luck to you & as Artica says, True friends will stick by you". :)