• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Paranoid psychosis.

sallyG

sallyG

I had my three monthly visit to my psychiatrist today..actually got to see my consultant who remarked i had seen a lot of other doctors ...i never get to see the same doctor twice so was a welcome relief to see my consultant at last.
anyway..he has diagnosed me as having paranoid psychosis..is this the same as paranoid schizophrenia i wonder..i didnt like to ask him.Im currently taking Risperidone 4mg but he now wants me to start Risperidone depot injections.,because that way i wont get a lull in my bloods each day..it should be a constant stream of medication to keep me stabilised. also the injection will be of a higher dosage.

does anyone else suffer with paranoid psychosis..it would be good to speak to someone else qho suffers with this as i feel quite alone with it.
many thanks.x

Wendy

Wendy

Hi there,yes I have pychosis but not paranoid I don't think.
Do you hear voices most of the time or do you get a break from them?
Don't worry you're not on your own.
Wendy x:grouphug:

sallyG

sallyG

Hi Wendy..thanks ever so much for your reply...i actually hear voices most of the time..sometimes i cant make out what they are saying...at others times they scream at me..Im currently taking Risperidone 4mg which has helped but im still hearing them on occasions....this is why my pyschiatirst wants me to have the depot injections to help stabilise me....i have suffered on and off for the past 25 years..it hasnt been until today really that i have had such a good appointment and feel things are gradually happening for me treatment wise.
there is no history of voice hearing in my family..though my father had Bordeline personality disorder and my sister god bless her had mental health problems in her young life..she eventually committed suicide

thanks again for your reply..it helps to hear one is not alone in this.

T

Twylight

Hello - I am paranoid schizophrenic

I have had many paranoid psychosis

I lowered my medication recently and went partly into psychosis

still not good..

sallyG

sallyG

hi twylight...im sorry to hear you are suffering at this moment.i lowered my meds too and it had an adverse effect on me also..the thing is the psychiatrist who i saw previous to today told me to lower my dosage..what a numpty...no wonder i felt so bad.

how do you cope with your pyschosis?.x

Wendy

Wendy

Hi sally sorry to hear that you have suffered for so long, sorry to hear about your sister too.
Bless you
p.s as soon as I get up I have my tv going I can't bear the silence it alows the voices in,or blast out some loud music!
Wendy x:grouphug:

sallyG

sallyG

Wendy...i like to play my MP3 player when things get too much..though i have to say under normal circumstances i like the silence..i find the outside noise particuarly confusing when the voices are shouting at me...i can differentiate between what is a real sound and what is not if you know what i mean. dont know if that made sense ..but i know what i mean..lol..and thats half the battle i suppose..lol.

Wendy

Wendy

P.s sally forgot to say I used to be on rispiridone consta (the jabs) OUCH! I now take amisulpiride.
Wendy x:)

T

Twylight

hi twylight...im sorry to hear you are suffering at this moment.i lowered my meds too and it had an adverse effect on me also..the thing is the psychiatrist who i saw previous to today told me to lower my dosage..what a numpty...no wonder i felt so bad.

how do you cope with your pyschosis?.x
Coping is an everyday battle

I've got lots on interests, but constant occupational therapy is difficult

I don't feel that i'm fighting the psychosis - it's more that i'm fighting the everyday effects of medication

A

Affective

Wendy...i like to play my MP3 player when things get too much..though i have to say under normal circumstances i like the silence..i find the outside noise particuarly confusing when the voices are shouting at me...i can differentiate between what is a real sound and what is not if you know what i mean. dont know if that made sense ..but i know what i mean..lol..and thats half the battle i suppose..lol.
i know what you mean. Like when someone is talking to me and I am hearing voices I find it hard to figure out who said what.

sallyG

sallyG

thats exactly it Affective...i like to know whats being said so i find sitting in silence is the best thing..though if they scream at me my MP3 player comes in handy as i can try to drown out the screaming.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey Sally G

I was on rispiridone now on arpiprazole - have psychosis still hear voices on the meds - hope that having the depo will help you.

sallyG

sallyG

Thanks Keepsafe...im hoping the injections work for me...i was on Aririprazole also but got TD with it so had to come off it..
im currently taking 4mg of risperidone but once im on the injections the doage will be slightly higher for me...heres hoping eh..lol.

A

Affective

thats exactly it Affective...i like to know whats being said so i find sitting in silence is the best thing..though if they scream at me my MP3 player comes in handy as i can try to drown out the screaming.
What worked for me was asking the voices to go on a mission and they went away for a while! My psychologist suggested it to me and actually worked!

keepsafe

keepsafe

Thats interesting affective - if I tell mine to go away in a impolite manner they take no notice whatsoever!

Seriously though - thats good