• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Paranoid personality disorder?

S

Sunflower82

I'm a 38 year old female
I suffer from extreme paranoia i dont drink or use drugs but my paranoia and mistrust makes life impossible.

I dont trust anyone and I will think people are trying to deceive me when I speak to my partner I belive he is using hidden messages and meaning in what hes saying.

constantly think hes being unfaithful or trying to deceive me I suffer bad anxiety just from my thoughts .

I dont have any close friends as I find it so hard to trust and let people in without thinking theres some motive behind it.

I cant stop I end up thinking the worst checking Facebook's being paranoid when the phone rings I dont know how to deal with feeling like this.

V

Vegan_veggie

Poor you. I’ve been through the same in the past while in a so called relationship. Constant doubt and worry, is he cheating? Or worse is he gay? I don’t have any friends at all because I’ve been tricked by twins in the past pretending to be one person. It took me until this year to find out the truth I’m 35 now and met them/her when I was about 7 at primary school. They broke my heart. I lost all my confidence. I ended up with paranoia at first and then it lead to psychosis and eventually schizophrenia. I still don’t understand how their parents could have supported them doing this because they used to switch at school, I first realised something was wrong when I saw their feet shape were different other than that I couldn’t tell them apart. They never said a word to this and I only found out because I found a photo of them on the Instagram together and even that one photo wasn’t of both their faces but one of them looking down but because we spent so much time together at school I still recognised them without seeing both their faces. So there is no evidence and even so is this breaking the law? I contacted the Samaritans about it because I didn’t know who to talk to and they quite common for twins to play tricks on people, but as kids, I just wonder how their parents approved because they seem like well to do people. They must be sick in the head. Unless they used to fool their parents as well I just don’t know.

L

LiquidThought

I was diagnosed with PPD in 2015 and you are showing all the symptoms of it.

The feelings I get are overwhelming, the paranoid thoughts feel like the truth, it makes it so difficult to form/keep relationships.

For a long time it felt like being alone was the only answer but I am now in a newish relationship, although it’s difficult I talk to my partner about everything and voice my concerns, I still think she’ll leave me at some point but I’m trying.

my advice is to keep yourself physically fit and see your doctor ASAP anti psychotics work very well for the extreme paranoid episodes I have.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P My life turned into a nightmare because of paranoid personality disorder, I need help and suggestions Personality Disorders Forum 39
E Can people with paranoid personality disorder be dangerous? Personality Disorders Forum 29
S Paranoid Personality Disorder Personality Disorders Forum 2
B Paranoid Personality Disorder help Personality Disorders Forum 2
L is this really all my mind ? Personality Disorder? Paranoid or Real ? Advise Needed!! Personality Disorders Forum 2
M Anyone else here have Paranoid Personality Disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 12
B Husband Thinks I Cheated. Paranoid Personality Disorder. What Can Be Done? Personality Disorders Forum 23
D mother has paranoid personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 3
V Advice for Paranoid Personality Disorder Personality Disorders Forum 2
S Questions regarding PPD (Paranoid Personality Disorder). Personality Disorders Forum 3
K paranoid personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 6
Miss Janey anyone else with Paranoid Personality disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 17
S Paranoid personality disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 1
J Wife has Paranoid Personality Disorder Personality Disorders Forum 5
L Why is my brother so paranoid? Personality Disorders Forum 4
M I Know I'm Paranoid But... Personality Disorders Forum 6
Heidrun Paranoid going crazy again Personality Disorders Forum 4
D Paranoid about other people Personality Disorders Forum 9
N been paranoid for a while now Personality Disorders Forum 2
F Paranoid PD- a controversial diagnosis? Personality Disorders Forum 2
M Paranoid episodes getting worse Personality Disorders Forum 3
Kurtcobain93_RIP recently diagnosed paranoid PD Personality Disorders Forum 1
S Paranoid/Deluded thinking everything is a set up Personality Disorders Forum 7
H Whats wrong with me? Am i paranoid or anxious or just crazy Personality Disorders Forum 3
P Help I'm a paranoid mess! Personality Disorders Forum 2
O Am I just being paranoid?? Personality Disorders Forum 9
B paranoid/narcissistic partner Personality Disorders Forum 4
B Am I paranoid? Is there something wrong with me? Personality Disorders Forum 2
J paranoid hypacondriac Personality Disorders Forum 1
O Am I getting really paranoid Personality Disorders Forum 5
T I have paranoid schizophrenia... I'd like to know if there are others like me and what you do to help yourself. Personality Disorders Forum 11
F The curse of paranoid PD Personality Disorders Forum 12
L Any Paranoid PD sufferers here? Personality Disorders Forum 6
K does anybody have tips for dealing with paranoid thoughts Personality Disorders Forum 14
R im hallucinating and paranoid Personality Disorders Forum 3
M What is paranoid about the truth Personality Disorders Forum 6
F Paranoid about cocking up Personality Disorders Forum 11
R Mixed Personality Disorder Personality Disorders Forum 17
L ANTISOCIAL PERSONALITY DISORDER AND SPECULATIONS Personality Disorders Forum 4
C Childhood trauma resulting in personality disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 2
S Borderline Personality Person here-don't want to give in to neediness. Personality Disorders Forum 5
Sanjuro AVPD(Avoidant Personality Disorder) and diagnosis. Personality Disorders Forum 49
P Regarding Antisocial Personality disorders. Personality Disorders Forum 7
P Questions regarding Antisocial and Narcissistic Personality Disorders. Personality Disorders Forum 2
AlwaysCurious When is narcissism a personality disorder that needs professional treatment? Personality Disorders Forum 7
U Borderline personality disorder issues Personality Disorders Forum 9
K First Degree Relative Passing Personality Disorder Personality Disorders Forum 1
N Why I think I have avoidant personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 6
L People with Antisocial Personality Disorder are the ones that emotionally and physically torment others in school Personality Disorders Forum 15
L What type of Personality Disorder do you think the notorious mobster serial killer Thomas Pitera had? Personality Disorders Forum 28