• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Paranoid Android

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feeling a bit paranoid about other people, particularly family members. What do they say about me when I am not there? What do I not know? Racing thoughts. Maybe too much caffeine, which I drink because I always feel tired.
I don't think I have psychosis and am still taking 15mg/day Aripiprazole every day.
I have autism (Asperger's syndrome) as well as psychosis (probable schizophrenia). No voices, although my own internal voice monologue is a bit disrupted at times.
Hopefully the paranoia passes and does not develop.

mandy125

mandy125

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hello on fire
sorry to hear this, do you live by yourself or with some one?
it might be like you said to much caffine
i sometimes drink decaff
all the best x

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello @mandy125
Thank you for your reply.
I live by myself.
Thanks, I will try and cut down on my caffeine intake. I drink about 6 or 7 cups of coffee a day.

mandy125

mandy125

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i recommend Kenco
its a bit expensive but it doesn't taste watered down like some of the decaff coffees do.
i also live alone so i try to avoid coffee as it messes with my med s x

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
remember hearing my gp talking to one of the other gps about me and saying are you denying theres stigma atttached to schitzoprenia

i think certain things are real possibly real, mild paranoia i suspect coming off meds would make it serious

you don't see black men who complain about experiencing racism called paranoid

my parents are now dead i remember visiting them and going into the bedroom to meditate, they while i meditated i'd hear them discussing me, my dads voice would get louder and louder

L

Lab rat

Know what you mean! When I get up, I guzzle red-eyes (high caffeine coffee) or if I can’t get that, rocket fuel. Because of the meds, I need the kick to get me started. But I never drink it after lunch or I won’t sleep at night.

Stimulants increase paranoia in me. But I’ve found a happy medium

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
@Lab rat Thanks. Yes I guess stimulants do increase paranoia, but also in those taking meds who need to get things done, it is essential to have that get up and go in the morning. I had not heard of Red Eyes coffee or Rocket Fuel coffee before, but just found Rocket Fuel on Amazon.co.uk
At the moment I have two cups of coffee, Nescafe Azera, as soon as I get up.
I should really be cutting down and going decaffeinated, but I know I would spend all day in bed sleeping, wasting precious life. Aripiprazole is not really drowsy, but I think I am naturally a lazy, lethargic person who struggles to get anything done, so the stimulation of caffeine helps.

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i think certain things are real possibly real, mild paranoia i suspect coming off meds would make it serious
Thanks.
Yes, I agree certain things are probably real, but with mild paranoia, and stopping medication would result in paranoid psychosis.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
as i said to some women today i'm beginning to realise you can't have things both ways, i'd rather have it with this women that i'm fit enough to be a potential boyfriend whilst having it with the dwp i'm seriously ill in order to get the high rate of benefits you need to survive on your own in london

one thing experience has undoubtedly taught me i'm not fit enough to support myself through work

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
@ramboghettouk Yes, I am in the same situation, I like to be well enough to date women, but need to be sick enough to pass DWP capacity to work and disability tests. I only got PIP on appeal.

Daybreak

Daybreak

Instead of coffee maybe try tea. It has some caffeine in it, but not as much.

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I drink 56 mugs of coffee a day. never did me any harm
Ha ha.
Lord Burt, many of your posts are quite surreal.
Can get quite wired with significant coffee intake and end up with problems sleeping.
I used to live in a shared house and an old woman who also lived there told me that relying on coffee as a stimulant (as I do), was like taking cocaine. I thought, no it's really not.