• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Paranoid about other people

D

Darby

I have extreme social anxiety/BDD and OCD and I've been having issues past 2 years with other people. I don't trust other people, I think they're always judging me harshly, I find people to be nasty, unfriendly and quite simply I've started hating everyone... I have no idea how it's cropped up, I never used to be like this.

I'm just a total paranoid wreck, I can't stop these thoughts going through my head over and over and over... non-stop "they're looking at me" (something I hate people doing) "they're judging me" "they're not friendly" "they're out to demean me" "they're judging how I look and pitying me" etc etc.

Another issue is examing peoples facial expressions and coming to conclusions about what they're thinking, (always negative)

What can I do?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry your feeling paranoid, are you seeing a psychiatrist?
Are you on any meds?
Take care

D

Darby

Hi,
I'm so sorry your feeling paranoid, are you seeing a psychiatrist?
Are you on any meds?
Take care
My psychiatrist doesn't seem to want to see me anymore, whenever I book an appointment I see one of his junior doctors. I'm on anti-psychotic and anti-depressants but neither seems to have any effect on me.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear about your psychiatrist, it sounds like you need a med review.
Take care

Schitzoaffective007

Schitzoaffective007

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Could be the onset of psychosis because your perceptions are probably not realistic...your reality is different. You better be careful and take it seriously. Go see someone right away before it gets out of control. If it gets out of control you end up state property or you loose a lot of things you have going for you or you hurt yourself or someone else.

If I was experiencing the things you described, I would on an antipsychotic...but that's just me and my condition is most likely different than yours.

Good luck. Get seen right away.

D

Darby

Could be the onset of psychosis because your perceptions are probably not realistic...your reality is different. You better be careful and take it seriously. Go see someone right away before it gets out of control. If it gets out of control you end up state property or you loose a lot of things you have going for you or you hurt yourself or someone else.

If I was experiencing the things you described, I would on an antipsychotic...but that's just me and my condition is most likely different than yours.

Good luck. Get seen right away.
I was given a psychosis review a while back but they deemed me not to have it, I don't have any hallucinations or delusions, all the questions that were asked of me was about "magical" thinking stuff like believing there's a conspiracy against me or that my thoughts being broadcast on TV or that I was abducted by aliens. All the questions were like that. I don't have any of that but I do have very strong beliefs that just don't seem normal at all (stuff like how my energy is controlling other people's reactions) but aren't abnormal enough to be considered psychosis. Is it possible to have a milder form of psychosis and if so how would I convince them that I have that and not just an extreme case of social anxiety? So I can get treatment for it.

Schitzoaffective007

Schitzoaffective007

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Seems like your energy controlling other people's actions would qualify. Can you get a second opinion? Maybe you could email that question to some psychologists in your area and they would answer, or the mental health ward at you local hospital could answer that without you having to go to the ER. Just throwing out ideas. Could you be more specific when you say you think your energy is controlling other people's actions? Your "energy" can't control people. That seems like a false belief/delusion to me if you really believe it. Regardless you need some type of intervention and medication. It could become worse and become an "official" delusion and you might not realize it in time. Take the time to think about exactly what your belief is and write it down in detail so you can present it too someone else.

D

Darby

Seems like your energy controlling other people's actions would qualify. Can you get a second opinion? Maybe you could email that question to some psychologists in your area and they would answer, or the mental health ward at you local hospital could answer that without you having to go to the ER. Just throwing out ideas. Could you be more specific when you say you think your energy is controlling other people's actions? Your "energy" can't control people. That seems like a false belief/delusion to me if you really believe it. Regardless you need some type of intervention and medication. It could become worse and become an "official" delusion and you might not realize it in time. Take the time to think about exactly what your belief is and write it down in detail so you can present it too someone else.

It's kind of like when someones happy or sad they give off vibrations of that mood, well my vibrations are all muddled. I give off vibrations of weirdness and awkwardness and attract other people to look at me and they react negatively because I'm feeling so negative inside. It's got to the point that people can tell if I'm thinking negatively about them, I can see it in their body language and facial expressions, they know.

It's hard to explain but this goes on in my mind 24/7 whenever I'm around other people, it's all about my internal energy and how my energy is conflicting with other peoples energy. I believe in the end we're all just energy and that's how for example someone can tell when someones upset or if they're lying.

I try explaining this to doctors but it seems there's no cure for it, no treatment for what I'm describing. I'm literally a big ball of negative energy and no matter what I can no longer get positive reactions from other people, I've given up trying. I'm still trying to figure it out myself and see how I can turn it around but no luck.

Schitzoaffective007

Schitzoaffective007

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It's kind of like when someones happy or sad they give off vibrations of that mood, well my vibrations are all muddled. I give off vibrations of weirdness and awkwardness and attract other people to look at me and they react negatively because I'm feeling so negative inside. It's got to the point that people can tell if I'm thinking negatively about them, I can see it in their body language and facial expressions, they know.

It's hard to explain but this goes on in my mind 24/7 whenever I'm around other people, it's all about my internal energy and how my energy is conflicting with other peoples energy. I believe in the end we're all just energy and that's how for example someone can tell when someones upset or if they're lying.

I try explaining this to doctors but it seems there's no cure for it, no treatment for what I'm describing. I'm literally a big ball of negative energy and no matter what I can no longer get positive reactions from other people, I've given up trying. I'm still trying to figure it out myself and see how I can turn it around but no luck.
These are your own beliefs and perceptions that seem sort of paranoid and certainly most people don't think like you do... believing we are all just energy and giving off vibrations and thinking you know how others think. Perhaps choose another way of thinking about interactions with others. Maybe you have social anxiety. I bet therapy would work for you..

B

bangalore1

i get this type of thing a lot. I find i am judging myself and i try and be more gentle to myself. people have gossiped in a very bad way about me and it has harmed me, but i need to accept that a lot if it is in my head and that i am not that important. I struggle and i am very lonely.
Hope you feel better.