• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Paranoid about Credit Card dispute Can Anyone Help Me Please

• Thread starter BEASTMODEWARRIOR
  • Start date
BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

I still think i committed fraud, friendly fraud. all of them will come after me with a criminal suit, im so scared. I dont know how to handle it. I dont how to fix this problem what do i do, what is the best thing to solve this issue. I disputed items on my credit card company ranging from 15 dollars to 25 dollars, because they were too small or they were cheaply made i was dissatisfied with the product, this was 6 months ago, i was approve for all the disputes, they were fully investigated. But i don't why i feel i did a bad thing. Can any share some light, did i do something wrong. Will the merchant think i did charge back fraud or friendly fraud, I feel bad now, because i think i hurt their business and that wasnt right thing to do. So i feel very guilty inside.

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

But i if they i did it for intent to get a free product, but actually i wasnt, thats what im scared of. I have no control over the merchant's behavior, the credit company im not worried about thats over now, its closed, and they can't open it anymore after 35 days after closure, Its their policy. I just fear the merchants i disputed think i tried to get free stuff and not pay for the merchandise but that is not true.

tabris

tabris

Generally when you are dissatisfied with a product's quality you should return it to the merchant rather than file a dispute, since you did purchase the product yourself. If this happens in the future, remember to just try to return the product so you can get your money back instead of contacting the credit card company. I don't think you need to worry though about what the merchant thinks, since it happened 6 months ago I doubt they will come after you. It also likely wasn't enough money to really hurt their business, even if it's a small one. I understand that your intent was to just get money back for a product you were dissatisfied with, not trying to get free stuff. Everything will be alright as long as you don't keep doing it, which it doesn't seem like you will. You made a mistake but it's not the end of the world and you're not a bad person for doing it. Everybody slips up sometimes. :) Take it easy, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about!

W

WanderingA

Everyone has a cooling off period where if there not happy with that purchase you have the right to a full refund or partial refund. They also have the right to ask for you to send the items back. If they gave you the refund and didn't say anything about returning then that's there problem. Personally I don't think you've commited fraud at all. If you genuinely were dissatisfied with what you brought you have the right the have a refund. As long as you don't do this on a regular basis then it's fine. Of course your going to feel bad that's completely normal.. your not a bad person!.

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

T
Everyone has a cooling off period where if there not happy with that purchase you have the right to a full refund or partial refund. They also have the right to ask for you to send the items back. If they gave you the refund and didn't say anything about returning then that's there problem. Personally I don't think you've commited fraud at all. If you genuinely were dissatisfied with what you brought you have the right the have a refund. As long as you don't do this on a regular basis then it's fine. Of course your going to feel bad that's completely normal.. your not a bad person!.
Alright thanks alot guys i really appreciate your response thanks.

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

i don't do it in regular basis, i fear that i might in get in trouble, or lose my credit card account, i havent done a dispute since then.

W

WanderingA

i don't do it in regular basis, i fear that i might in get in trouble, or lose my credit card account, i havent done a dispute since then.
Then you have absolutely nothing to be worried about. If you didn't like the item or it was damaged ect then you had absolutely every right to get your money back. That's how it works wether it be a credit card or a cash purchase in a shop, you have that right..

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

So why im so scared and paranoid about it, i feel like i did something bad, like i cheated the system, is this my paraniod schizophrenia acting up, do you think, everyone is telling this, that im gong be fine, noone is going to come after for this little amount because its not worth the court cost, and they would have come after me by now, they wouldn't wait this long, they wouldnt contact in my in first month of the dispute right? or im I wrong? can someone tell me please thanks.

W

WanderingA

So why im so scared and paranoid about it, i feel like i did something bad, like i cheated the system, is this my paraniod schizophrenia acting up, do you think, everyone is telling this, that im gong be fine, noone is going to come after for this little amount because its not worth the court cost, and they would have come after me by now, they wouldn't wait this long, they wouldnt contact in my in first month of the dispute right? or im I wrong? can someone tell me please thanks.
If they wanted to get you done for fraud they wouldn't of given u the refunded amount. They don't refund you then later down the line think oh actually we're going to get that person done.. if it was small amounts it's just easier for them to refund. Also when you have a credit card it protects you against certain transactions and you can just get a refund. I definitely think you are overthinking this. Unfortunately our brains do this and make us think things are going to happen but in reality there's nothing to worry about. If they wanted to get you done for fraud they definitely would have done it by now and they most definitely wouldn't of accepted your request for a refund. Try to overcome this feeling of worrying about it it won't do you any better. It's all been sorted now so there's nothing to worry about 🤗🤗🤗🤗

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

okay thanks alot, yea i talk to my therapist today, he said the same thing.

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

If they wanted to get you done for fraud they wouldn't of given u the refunded amount. They don't refund you then later down the line think oh actually we're going to get that person done.. if it was small amounts it's just easier for them to refund. Also when you have a credit card it protects you against certain transactions and you can just get a refund. I definitely think you are overthinking this. Unfortunately our brains do this and make us think things are going to happen but in reality there's nothing to worry about. If they wanted to get you done for fraud they definitely would have done it by now and they most definitely wouldn't of accepted your request for a refund. Try to overcome this feeling of worrying about it it won't do you any better. It's all been sorted now so there's nothing to worry about 🤗🤗🤗🤗
I just chatted with my credit card company, they said when my dispute was settled, Any of the merchants can't come after come anymore for the money they loss, 6months has pass, so they lost the option to contest the dispute too, so thats a huge relief. Thanks god, i don't have to worry about any merchant coming after me for anything anymore, im not disputing anything anymore again seriously its not worth the trouble anymore i learn my lesson the hard way. Im not going through this destructive path of worry and anxiety anymore seriously.

W

WanderingA

I just chatted with my credit card company, they said when my dispute was settled, Any of the merchants can't come after come anymore for the money they loss, 6months has pass, so they lost the option to contest the dispute too, so thats a huge relief. Thanks god, i don't have to worry about any merchant coming after me for anything anymore, im not disputing anything anymore again seriously its not worth the trouble anymore i learn my lesson the hard way. Im not going through this destructive path of worry and anxiety anymore seriously.
See absolutely nothing to worry about 😊 good on you for ringing up and finding out aswell. I'm so glad that all is ok. Sometimes our brains just cannot let things go and make it think we're in the wrong when we aren't.. hopefully now you can restart and start building yourself back up again. I hope you have a wonderful day! 🤗🤗

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

See absolutely nothing to worry about 😊 good on you for ringing up and finding out aswell. I'm so glad that all is ok. Sometimes our brains just cannot let things go and make it think we're in the wrong when we aren't.. hopefully now you can restart and start building yourself back up again. I hope you have a wonderful day! 🤗🤗
Wow thank you, yea i should of chatted with my credit company in first place, i dont know why i went to all this trouble trying find out from everybody, there the ones that did the dispute, im dumb sometimes thanks appreciate your comment thanks.:)