• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

paranoia. persecutory.

P

Polar Bear

Can bipolar depression and paranoia go together? The gp said I was paranoid. Delusions of persecution. This was a while ago. I recently read the letter. I'm confused. Have you been paranoid and suicidal at the same time?

D

Dottyone

Yes I believe they can just the same as Blpd with Paranoid Delusions, I.e. people are following someone and out to kill them

yes to your second question

Last edited:
dubblemonkey

dubblemonkey

I select your first question...

it makes more sense than your second question.

lets understand paranoia and suicide!

suicide is the best weapon of personal death!

..paranoia is the worst weapon of life!...

paranoia is the absence of confidence and the absence of the human ability to defend itself!

paranoia is the dangerous way to discover that you have already lost!

...suicide is a significant and desperate way to avoid everything when life has been too bad... and life has no love to give no more

to answer your question.

bipolar depression can feed off paranoia...

....I expect that?... from experience?

if you are paranoid and suicidal?

then paranoia is a distant third.

suicidal mentality is so dangerous and precise...

if you are this way...then please contact somebody that will help you..

I want you to survive because you have awesome and very discreet emotions
that will be wasted if you suddenly vanish...

I will hang about if it helps you.

people that like us are often seen as selfish...

because they want us to be around so that they can like us.

and then we get to like them pretty easily!...

dm

Last edited:
rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Can bipolar depression and paranoia go together? The gp said I was paranoid. Delusions of persecution. This was a while ago. I recently read the letter. I'm confused. Have you been paranoid and suicidal at the same time?
There are no hard and fast rules.

What I've found helpful is to abandon the term paranoia and instead get into the habit of framing things as "suspicious thinking". It happens more often when I'm very tired, especially emotionally tired. Much more so when I'm sleep deprived.

Paranoia is another of those devious words that seek to shut you up and dismiss your experiences.

- I believe this and this is happening.
- You're paranoid.
[end of dialogue]

It isn't something you can master overnight. It takes a lot of effort.

It's possible to understand why you become suspicious and when it happens. And try and make some link with events in your life that have hurt you, caused you to lose trust with the world, or question the motives of people.

I don't think any distressing experiences just magic out of thin air. All distressing experiences have some causal chain. It just doesn't always jump out at you, until you really start delving into it all.

P

Polar Bear

Thanks x it all seemed very possible to me but was called paranoia. I was depressed and told the gp that I though the cmht wanted me to kill myself or rather that it was possible given their behaviour. It was possible if you think in terms of good and evil. Them being evil and me being good.

I did mistrust them as they left me floundering for a long period of time. I was on sertraline alone and was bouncing of the walls mentally. Not in a good state.

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It's no wonder you became suspicious. No wonder at all.

I was given an SNRI to try and help me get over suicidal thinking. The side effects pushed my heart into the danger zone. I thought: They are trying to kill me. This is a clear message. They want me dead.

They didn't want me dead but at the time the thinking made sense.

If you're getting harsh psychological side effects from a drug while suspicion is mounting up it can be very, very difficult to untangle it all as it's going on. Or even really prepare for it.

Crazy life.

Last edited:
SarahD

SarahD

I get psychosis with bipolar depression, including paranoia and hallucinations.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Bipolar Forum 3
L Bipolar Forum 3
A Bipolar Forum 3
A Bipolar Forum 1