• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Paranoia and delusional thoughts

Ras

Ras

few people i know who i have talked with who also have a diagnosis of schizophrenia have told me they feel the voices are the worst part about it, and while the do suck, in my opinion are not as bad compared to the extreme paranoia and delusions.
I dont know if its as bad for others as what i get it at times but god damn its hard to deal with it.

Was not long ago i was utterly convinced a ex of mine was sneaking into my house when i was sleeping and poisoning my food. So i toss out every eatable thing in my house because i cant eat it.
Like i can still think rationally and be like of course your ex was not in the house doing that, but the delusions and paranoia are so extreme that my rational thoughts get twisted and it seems like utter nonsense to listen to them because i know someone has been in my house (no one has).

wasnt long back i thought police were investigating me and at 2am i started hearing police sirens from outside my house (wasnt anything out there) but i started destroying things i thought police would use against me or spying on me.. Like i dont have anything that police could ever use against me but during those moments a laptop or bills and so on i feel can be used against me.. And the worst part is i know how stupid that is yet at those times i cant ignore it and i react without thinking..

definitely the worst symptom i go throw. the voices i can kind of ignore now but not this

Zero One

Zero One

I don't think it's stupid, just something one would have to go through to understand. I have done some pretty extreme things when delusional including property damage.

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

This is all normal for us.

I admire that you are still in control..

That is the path to success.

Block the voices out with music. A movie. Audio book. Podcast. Positive affirmations during any episodes.

Also. Write on here as an emergency bunker during any attacks.

Once you externalize it. Those thoughts loose their power. You are literally unplugging the source.

This has been the strongest step to over coming these voices.

I am here to help you in any way that I can.

I am normally here every two days.

Hearing voices. Fried my circuits. That was the toughest challenge. I used heavy logic and reasoning.

Also. If you use mj. Only pure INDICAS.

Sativas are deadly for us.

More on that in a different platform.

But. Continue on your journey to sound mental health. It takes heart to face this.

There is a lot of love and support here. Good vibes always. Everybody is themselves. We are all extremely smart and funny.

We know our stuff...

Also remember that every one of our experiences is unique. Each day is a slightly different challenge.

But with a little time. We learn all of the patterns. Even our own.

Then. Actively. We start influencing ourselves again. We gain control. And start fighting back.

Except now. It's a fair fight.

Look into books. Audio books and youtube.

Huge library of helpful talks. Courses. Testimonials. Etc.

Support staff.

I suffered from this for years. From time to time. I may hear some bull @$!#.

But. Man... I have climbed Everest.... Lol.

Seriously. This should be your motivation to rebuild a better life for yourself... And based on your happiness.

This will make you a better person. And will help you understand others better. It will be essentially good in business.

God Bless.

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

Once you master it. Help as many as you can.

This will add to your understanding as well.

A

Am33

If I take any food with sugar in it when I go to sleep I have delusions like that. They aren't a dream they are life like but I can't talk . I seen police cars with the siren pulling up to front door . I had to mentally wake myself up .

Jam1990

Jam1990

few people i know who i have talked with who also have a diagnosis of schizophrenia have told me they feel the voices are the worst part about it, and while the do suck, in my opinion are not as bad compared to the extreme paranoia and delusions.
I dont know if its as bad for others as what i get it at times but god damn its hard to deal with it.

Was not long ago i was utterly convinced a ex of mine was sneaking into my house when i was sleeping and poisoning my food. So i toss out every eatable thing in my house because i cant eat it.
Like i can still think rationally and be like of course your ex was not in the house doing that, but the delusions and paranoia are so extreme that my rational thoughts get twisted and it seems like utter nonsense to listen to them because i know someone has been in my house (no one has).

wasnt long back i thought police were investigating me and at 2am i started hearing police sirens from outside my house (wasnt anything out there) but i started destroying things i thought police would use against me or spying on me.. Like i dont have anything that police could ever use against me but during those moments a laptop or bills and so on i feel can be used against me.. And the worst part is i know how stupid that is yet at those times i cant ignore it and i react without thinking..

definitely the worst symptom i go throw. the voices i can kind of ignore now but not this
I have similar paranoia about the police. I have nothing to hide and I do nothing illegal, but yet I feel like they are spying on me. It’s an awful feeling and I can’t seem to get rid of it. Anytime a police car passes by the house I go on red alert mode and assume they are coming for me. Thankfully I haven’t been to the level of destroying anything, but I’m at the level where I almost always have to look out my windows anytime I hear a car door shut. Paranoia is the worst part of my psychosis. I barely hear voices anymore and when I do I’m usually able to shut them down. The paranoia is what gets me the most.

ht46

ht46

I haven't had voices for years but still suffer from paranoia. Last night was intense I thought people around me were cursing my food and drink and plotting against me. Even which fingers I choose too type with or turn a light on with are a big drama because it feel I'm being anticipated to make a mistake. It makes you hyper aware, delusional and vigilant.

Zero One

Zero One

I haven't had voices for years but still suffer from paranoia. Last night was intense I thought people around me were cursing my food and drink and plotting against me. Even which fingers I choose too type with or turn a light on with are a big drama because it feel I'm being anticipated to make a mistake. It makes you hyper aware, delusional and vigilant.
I've had similar times.

Ras

Ras

thanks for all the replies everyone. Good to at least know i am not the only one who has similar experiences.

Ras

Ras

Another thing i absolutely hate about Schizophrenia is the diagnosis itself. You ever say things around people who know of your diagnosis and you can clearly see they think whatever you say is nonsense and a symptom?
Hell i have been forcibly hospitalised all because i had a surprise visit from nurses and they thought it was odd i had the blinds all shut in the house and i wouldnt let them inside. In my defense it was the middle of summer and just blinds shut to try and keep the heat out and i didnt let them inside my house because they are strangers to me.. Yet that was enough for them to put me in hospital because they twisted it around that i was in a psychotic state

ht46

ht46

Another thing i absolutely hate about Schizophrenia is the diagnosis itself. You ever say things around people who know of your diagnosis and you can clearly see they think whatever you say is nonsense and a symptom?
Hell i have been forcibly hospitalised all because i had a surprise visit from nurses and they thought it was odd i had the blinds all shut in the house and i wouldnt let them inside. In my defense it was the middle of summer and just blinds shut to try and keep the heat out and i didnt let them inside my house because they are strangers to me.. Yet that was enough for them to put me in hospital because they twisted it around that i was in a psychotic state
Sorry you had to go through that. That's unfair treatment. Yeah there's stigma around the label one of my friends think I have a split personality disorder.

Ras

Ras

thanks.
Yeah some people can be pretty clueless so to speak about what schizophrenia actually is