• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Panicking over weird sensation please help.

I

Ineedadvice2

Hi, this is my first post on the forum. I started a new position at my job the other day that requires me to get up at 4:45 am, so I'm stressed out about that as I am used to second shift. But anyway, the last two days I have gotten 6-7 hours of sleep combined. And I am currently writing this at midnight and I have to be awake at 5. I have a history of panic attacks, and last night I woke up from a really sad dream and I was actually crying from it, ever since I woke up from that dream, everytime i close my eyes I have a weird sensation of my eyes watering and having a light burning feeling. (like the feeling when you yawn) I don't understand why this is happening and it's freaking me out.

I can't tell if it's from me panicking or if there is actually something causing this feeling. I can't find anything online to help me. It's keeping me from relaxing, and I just want to get to sleep. The main reason for panicking is not being able to sleep. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know how I am going to work today in a few hours, with how tired I am just from the other two nights.

Beorn the Bear

Beorn the Bear

Sometimes the worst thing to do when you're trying to get to sleep is think about getting to sleep. So try not to think about it, or the things that are worrying you.
Also, put down your phone. It's well known to be counter productive regarding sleep.
Have a glass of warm milk and a piece of toast with honey or jam on it.
Get some eye drops for your eyes.

It sounds like good old anxiety. Try not to stress about it, you'll get through it and soon enough your body will take the sleep it needs. It'll catch up.

K

Krafty1016

You’re probably overthinking that you have to wake up so early and it may be consuming your thoughts . I had this problem years ago and i also suffered from panicked attacks !

I

Ineedadvice2

Sometimes the worst thing to do when you're trying to get to sleep is think about getting to sleep. So try not to think about it, or the things that are worrying you.
Also, put down your phone. It's well known to be counter productive regarding sleep.
Have a glass of warm milk and a piece of toast with honey or jam on it.
Get some eye drops for your eyes.

It sounds like good old anxiety. Try not to stress about it, you'll get through it and soon enough your body will take the sleep it needs. It'll catch up.
Thank you! Do you think maybe the complete switch of my schedule has possibly caused this? It’s been years since I’ve had an attack this bad, and I feel like it’s always something very strange that involves getting to sleep.

I

Ineedadvice2

You’re probably overthinking that you have to wake up so early and it may be consuming your thoughts . I had this problem years ago and i also suffered from panicked attacks !
Thank you, that’s what I’ve been thinking too. I know once I fall asleep even for just an hour or two I won’t panicking about this anymore. It’s just I need to relax enough to do so!

Beorn the Bear

Beorn the Bear

Thank you! Do you think maybe the complete switch of my schedule has possibly caused this? It’s been years since I’ve had an attack this bad, and I feel like it’s always something very strange that involves getting to sleep.
Yes most likely, change can be unsettling for anyone. You can do this, you got this! :hug5:

anex

anex

The eye stuff could be from lack of sleep/exhaustion. Have you been crying a lot? It could be from that, too.
How are you feeling today?