• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Panicking about having no job

K

Keesha

You are still fairly young. You are probably fairly good at computer. What about getting a job working from home. Since the pandemic, a lot of people started working from home or created their own jobs. You are smart. What are your basic interests. Having a job that you like makes a huge difference. Create a job you like.

Help your parents out by allowing them to rent a room from you, at least on paper so they get a tax break. Trying to help your parents out will probably go a long way. It might shift how they feel about you which might boost your self esteem some.
Just a thought. ;)

K

Keesha

When I was younger, I created job opportunities for myself so I could work from home. I started my own successful business. It was work I really enjoyed and my days flew by. Working with others was far too stressful for me so I can certainly relate to the social phobia. Mine was so bad. Think about what you are most passionate about and see if you can’t make money from that passion.

M

Misssad1111

Thank you for answering my questions.
Do you have schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder. If you are that messed up and can’t leave your house, how did you get your degree. Did you physically go to university?
She diagnosed me with schizophrenia and schizoaffective, I’m going to see an MD. I have gotten worse since school, whicm I have no idea why. I get worried going out of the house. I can leave the house, it’s just scary. To go to work it doesn’t scare me

M

Misssad1111

You are still fairly young. You are probably fairly good at computer. What about getting a job working from home. Since the pandemic, a lot of people started working from home or created their own jobs. You are smart. What are your basic interests. Having a job that you like makes a huge difference. Create a job you like.

Help your parents out by allowing them to rent a room from you, at least on paper so they get a tax break. Trying to help your parents out will probably go a long way. It might shift how they feel about you which might boost your self esteem some.
Just a thought. ;)
It’s a good idea, I have to call city hall for it, right. Do you know if it’s only during the pandemic?

M

Misssad1111

When I was younger, I created job opportunities for myself so I could work from home. I started my own successful business. It was work I really enjoyed and my days flew by. Working with others was far too stressful for me so I can certainly relate to the social phobia. Mine was so bad. Think about what you are most passionate about and see if you can’t make money from that passion.
EXACTLY. I can handle the work and the workload it’s just people that cause issues for me. Thanks for your responses Keesha! Perhaps I don’t have to feel so hopeless

K

Keesha

It’s a good idea, I have to call city hall for it, right. Do you know if it’s only during the pandemic?
No. Lots of people are creating jobs from home permanently
EXACTLY. I can handle the work and the workload it’s just people that cause issues for me. Thanks for your responses Keesha! Perhaps I don’t have to feel so hopeless
Of course you can. You don’t have to feel hopeless. You are very articulate and 31 isn’t old. 🤗

P

Philosofer

My mom won’t let me go on disability and wants me to work. I struggle with people at work, but not the work itself. Im so worried about how unstable I am, I read my personnel files and was not too happy about it.

my job was LITERALLY all I had and it’s gone.
Work has its own reward. Cleaning your condo really makes you happy. All the small or exshousting work you do that is not formal work but what you just something you do, not only spark rewarding substances in your brain, still also most satisfactory. To do a little of this and a little of that, to get used to and enjoy work. Finaly you grow and find what kind of work you most like. So informal work is equally important work. Its not called work, its called enjoyment:)
K.

M

Marianda

I have been unemployed 2 years already. I miss my career. I feel I am capable of working despite my depression and anxiety problems. I've never consider disability because working is what lifts my spirit. Besides, there is no disability in the country where I live.

I sent lots of résumes and no response. This is driving me crazy. Staying at home is so toxic for me!! It increases my depression and anxiety . In addition to that, I have no one to talk to. I need human interaction. Otherwise, my emotions start bottling up.

I've even considered woking in other areas not related with my profession but I can't find anything.

I fully agree that handling the workload is not difficult. Dealing with people is a nightmare.

P

Philosofer

It should be easy. If you are not happy in one workplace, find another:)
K.

P

Philosofer

I have been unemployed 2 years already. I miss my career. I feel I am capable of working despite my depression and anxiety problems. I've never consider disability because working is what lifts my spirit. Besides, there is no disability in the country where I live.

I sent lots of résumes and no response. This is driving me crazy. Staying at home is so toxic for me!! It increases my depression and anxiety . In addition to that, I have no one to talk to. I need human interaction. Otherwise, my emotions start bottling up.

I've even considered woking in other areas not related with my profession but I can't find anything.

I fully agree that handling the workload is not difficult. Dealing with people is a nightmare.

P

Philosofer

People are great, but they can often be anoying. Finding your ability to ignore people, and just go about the job requires strainght. It can be done with a harsadious desititon that you just wont let this intefair with YOUR paicheck:) I would go for total ignorance haha.

K.

M

Marianda

People are great, but they can often be anoying. Finding your ability to ignore people, and just go about the job requires strainght. It can be done with a harsadious desititon that you just wont let this intefair with YOUR paicheck:) I would go for total ignorance haha.

K.
When I'm working I usually take halve of an alprazolam before I go to the office. It helps me to tolerate people , protect my feelings and avoid over reacting and getting into arguments.