• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Panicking about having no job

M

Misssad1111

My mom won’t let me go on disability and wants me to work. I struggle with people at work, but not the work itself. Im so worried about how unstable I am, I read my personnel files and was not too happy about it.

my job was LITERALLY all I had and it’s gone.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
I'm sorry you lost your job. I think working is important for our mental health buut sometimes it can be very hard to find a job one can do when struggling with mental health issues. Have yoo considered school? Education can help expand your opportunities on the job market making it easier to find a job you are comfortable with.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I like to work. It is good for you. I can relate about the feelings of loss. I felt this way when I had to go on disability.

Working is fun because of money lol.

M

Misssad1111

I'm sorry you lost your job. I think working is important for our mental health buut sometimes it can be very hard to find a job one can do when struggling with mental health issues. Have yoo considered school? Education can help expand your opportunities on the job market making it easier to find a job you are comfortable with.
I have a PhD. Last thing I want to do is go to school. If there were no loans I’d go back, but there are loans

M

Misssad1111

I like to work. It is good for you. I can relate about the feelings of loss. I felt this way when I had to go on disability.

Working is fun because of money lol.
Yeah like it sucked so much but there were definitely times when I was happy and I liked having a steady income.
my mom won’t let me go on disability. She says they’ll never let me work my occupation again. I’m soooooo attached to this job. The idea that I’m never to step foot inside makes me sad

I keep panicking and crying today. Like idk what to do

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

When I need a job - I do multiple searches, work on my CV and then just apply.

That is all you can do, everything else is not relevant.

M

Misssad1111

When I need a job - I do multiple searches, work on my CV and then just apply.

That is all you can do, everything else is not relevant.
There are no jobs here. The largest employer and the company I had the biggest chance with terminated me.

M

Misssad1111

There are jobs. Apply to them
no there aren't. my previous company is always contacting me now that im applying for jobs. i told them i was terminated and they still contact me. i unsubscribed and they still contact me. it is SO annoying. they contact at least 4/day times for a position most similar to my most recent job

K

Keesha

What was the last job you had and why doesn’t your mom want you on disability?
Do you live with your parents?

M

Misssad1111

There are jobs. Apply to them
There are jobs in another state. The idea of being alone in the entire state TERRIFIES me. I seriously can’t do it. No support AT ALL? I can’t do it.

M

Misssad1111

What was the last job you had and why doesn’t your mom want you on disability?
Do you live with your parents?
Don’t wanna say what my job was, and yea I do live with my parents, my mom keeps saying she thinks if I go on disability that I will curse myself and become super ultra crazy. But I’m seriously unemployable. My brother could potentially help me get a job but he is not because he knows how crazy I am. That’s someone unemployable. If my brother doesn’t want to help then DAMN. That’s when you know you’re crazy. I think I hallucinate how hurtful things are and lash out. I fought with four of my supervisors in a year and a half… and I can’t control it

M

Misssad1111

My mother also has schizophrenia, but less than mine.

K

Keesha

My mother also has schizophrenia, but less than mine.
Thank you for answering my questions.
Do you have schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder. If you are that messed up and can’t leave your house, how did you get your degree. Did you physically go to university?