• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Panic!!!!

P

Primrose28

Hi there just need someone to talk to!! I am alone at home pretty much all day until two people who live with me come home... over the last two weeks I could be just sitting watching tv, doing the dishes, have a bath or even been lying in bed and my whole body starts tingling my skins goes really warm to touch but I’m shivering and shaking I’m not sure if this is aniexty or panic attack I’m just so lost... any advise would be great I am on a waiting list to see a doctor my doctors are very hard to get appointments with I just don’t know what to do anymore I’m scared and just waiting for the next one to happen I am very well in health and under no stress

W

WildPrimrose

I don't have any experience of this myself, and I have had a number of anxiety/panic attacks over the year. But I do know that everyone suffers differently, so can't say that it's not either of those. Just wanted to reply to your post to say you're not alone, you've done the right thing by book an appointment with your GP, just hang in there, there's lots of people on here from what I can tell that will help you through.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum
Best to see a dr, how long do you have to wait?
It might be an urgent problem and not anxiety.
Take care

A

Aurelius

Welcome to the forum Primrose28. You should see a GP asap or cal 111 as the symptoms you describe can result from a range of conditions - not just anxiety - for example viral or bacterial infections (i.e., chills and feverish temperatures occur alongside each other), low blood sugar (i.e., as in conditions like diabetes), thyroid problems. As this has been going on for 2 weeks, I would advise you to seek an emergency appointment even if you have to sit around in the waiting room for a long time.

P

Primrose28

so I have been to the doctors and have been diagnosed with a peptic ulcer and have been on anti acid medication for two weeks now and is helping the ulcer heal nicely on it own but these panic episode or what ever they are are really driving me insane to the point that I am scared to be home alone the only way I can stop the sensation is by going to my room and doing a word search then I'm fine again I just don't know what it is and my doctor doesn't seem to have an idea either I am just been sent for the same tests I have already had to be diagnosed with the stomach ulcer I just feel like I need someone to talk to to get it off my chest as writing that post yesterday made me feel somewhat lighter I don't want to be a burden on anyone and haven't told any of my family etc...

S

SleepeeSam

This is definitely a panic disorder that youre describing, pretty classic situation but your symptoms are slightly different than most, but still pretty normals symptoms for a panic attack. My first rule when having a panic attack is do not feel like a burden to tell someone. Ive been there and it only makes it worse, express how youre feeling. It always helps, you wont be a burden to your friends or loved ones. As far as helping this problem, theres a ton of different things you can do in your daily routine to try and prevent along with other things you can do during a panic episode. I always end up writing too much i responses on here, so please let me know if i can be of more help to you. Or if theres another platform we could communicate on thatll make it easier. It helps me a lot to tey and help other people with this disorder because i also suffer from the same thing!

P

Primrose28

This is definitely a panic disorder that youre describing, pretty classic situation but your symptoms are slightly different than most, but still pretty normals symptoms for a panic attack. My first rule when having a panic attack is do not feel like a burden to tell someone. Ive been there and it only makes it worse, express how youre feeling. It always helps, you wont be a burden to your friends or loved ones. As far as helping this problem, theres a ton of different things you can do in your daily routine to try and prevent along with other things you can do during a panic episode. I always end up writing too much i responses on here, so please let me know if i can be of more help to you. Or if theres another platform we could communicate on thatll make it easier. It helps me a lot to tey and help other people with this disorder because i also suffer from the same thing!
i decided to stop taking my medication for the ulcer three days a go and havent since a panic attick in regards to the stomach ulcer i have been following adivse on natural remedies and so far seem to be so good so now i am thinking that it was the medication making me like this, i have done a lot of research and a lot of people complain of the medication giving them either high anxiety or panic attacks for no unknow reason and pther symptoms that i was experiencing also such as a constant headaches for 4 days etc... so i told my docotr and i have been told to write a journal for everytime from the day i stopped my medication of when or if i have a panic attack and what the symptoms of it are...

J

Julie41

I too have the tingling hot skin but feel cold - mine is anxiety/panic also lightheaded & feeling scared. It’s horrible - I will be ok ish and then it will just hit me - tonight I was anxious for hours - as soon as the physical symptoms start the panic gets worse - just came out of the blue tonight
Hope you get sorted very soon x

A

Aurelius

i decided to stop taking my medication for the ulcer three days a go and havent since a panic attick in regards to the stomach ulcer i have been following adivse on natural remedies and so far seem to be so good so now i am thinking that it was the medication making me like this, i have done a lot of research and a lot of people complain of the medication giving them either high anxiety or panic attacks for no unknow reason and pther symptoms that i was experiencing also such as a constant headaches for 4 days etc... so i told my docotr and i have been told to write a journal for everytime from the day i stopped my medication of when or if i have a panic attack and what the symptoms of it are...
I hope this is still working for you and that you have found a good way forward. Best wishes for this, you deserve the best of outcomes!!

P

Primrose28

I hope this is still working for you and that you have found a good way forward. Best wishes for this, you deserve the best of outcomes!!
aww thank you thats so sweer to say! so far so good i have had one episode since but very mild and literally lasted 2-3 minutes other than that i feel like a new person apart from the constant head ache and still lack of appetite but i am eatong small amounts frequently to keep my self going