• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Panic Disorder

Andrew66

Andrew66

I have suffered with a anxiety and panic disorder for nearly 12 yrs now which I was told I had by my GP's, but I'm not so sure.
After 12 yrs of chronic physical symptoms my Dr has nor decided after all this time to refer me to a Psychiatrist, so what gets me why he waited all this time and I've lost so my much in life with this illness.
I have seen a Psychologist but it never done anything for me, medication has not worked either.
Is psychiatrist any better that dealing with this, and why wasn't I refered sooner, not been given any info back on this from my GP's,, I've got a point in life I'm so down with having to suffer with these physical symptoms that came with anxiety and panic disorder...

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello Andrew. Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry your GP did not refer you sooner. It seems to be many GPs have a poor understanding of mental health. With a psychiatrist they are able to offer a diagnosis and different types of medication then a GP can. I really am sorry you have had this experience.