• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Panic attacks everyday at the same time for 17 days

Loobypie

Loobypie

Hello everybody.
I've been having panic attacks for 17 days now, always at dinner time.
I'm guessing this is because the first day it happened I was eating my dinner.
I also gave up smoking 6 days ago which is probably making me more anxious too.

I did ring the GP a few days ago and told her how crippling this anxiety and panic attacks are making me, this was my first reach out for professional help. Im 27 and have 3 young kids at home (one of whom I'm a carer for as he has cerebral palsy) but luckily my partner has been amazingly understanding with the whole situation and I will lay in bed until it passes which can take 3 hours sometimes.

Anyway the doc prescribed me sertraline which the pharmacy then informed me the manufacturer was having trouble with so they couldn't get it in stock. I will have to phone the GP on Tuesday now to see what else they can prescribe.

This is absolutely ruining my life, I wake up feeling okish and then gradually as the day goes on I get worse until I end up in a heap in bed with terrible chest pains and burning, muscle tension, palpitations, shakes, pins and needles, dizziness, lump in my throat, acid reflux and earache.

I've never ever been this bad in my life, usually it was just a matter of having a long hard chat with myself and I could escape but it's really got a HUGE hold over me right now.

This virus stuff has really really tipped me....and the no smoking thing has probably just added fuel to the fire I'm guessing 😅

B

Berg

Hi @Loobypie you are not alone!! I have also been suffering panic attacks daily during the evenings. The anxiety rumbles away throughout the day and anytime between 6-8pm it strikes. My poor chest is so tight and feels in so much pain.

I struggle with Bipolar Disorder but this is controlled - I would take manic or depressive symptoms any day of the week over panic. It is horrendous.

I would recommend asking your doctor for a sleeping aid like Zopoclone. I’m taking it at night and it’s very sedating - doesn’t immediately put you to sleep but eases the panic and allows you to just kinda sit with yourself comfortable before bed, plus you’ll get a great nights sleep. The sedating quality in itself helps calm my anxiety... but because I panic at night I spend all day counting the hours so I can take my sleeper and enjoy feeling OK for an hour before it knocks me out.

The following day I’m so drained from last nights panic and feel sluggish (like a hangover) with muscle ache and pain (chest especially) and so the anxiety cycle continues...

no advice I can really give but just know you are not alone. It really is so hard. :(

R

RTLP

Anyway the doc prescribed me sertraline which the pharmacy then informed me the manufacturer was having trouble with so they couldn't get it in stock. I will have to phone the GP on Tuesday now to see what else they can prescribe.
You should try different pharmacies first. Probably you will find Sertraline