Panic attacks constantly

Ell9199

Ell9199

I have been posting on the anxiety forum but it’s panic attacks I suffer from just out the blue they hit me, sometimes really severe. I only have anxiety through worrying how long I’m going to feel “ok” before that wave hits me and I feel ultimately ready to collapse and take some sort of fit or die. Weak legs, tightening in my head, tingling/numbing sensation in my face blah blah blah it’s terrifying. These hit me with no warning, the first warning I get is when it’s going to be to late and I can’t prevent it and that’s i become disconnected all of a sudden from what I’m doing or the people/place around me. I take diazepam and just started sertraline 50mg on Friday last week. I’m taking it at bed time but I appreciate as it’s only the first few days it’s making me feel not very nice. A bit spaced and really tired even though I thought I’d be sleeping most that off. Anyway my anxiety/panic is through the roof this morning as I have a meeting at my sons school with the head teacher and my sons class teacher. I shouldn’t feel nervous as it’s got nothing to do with me or my son as such, it’s an incident that happened with the teacher and more an apology im getting this morning. I still feel sick though having to sit there knowing I’m going to literally be struggling like mad to hold my anxiety together and just pretty awkward. I just can’t wait to be better cancelled the gym this week while these tablets have time to kick in as feel my body is going through enough. I know as I train most days exercise can be a massive benefit and distraction but I just need my head to feel less scrambled. Last week I paid for PT that I spent most the time crying feeling so fed up and not actually doing what I’m paying a lot of money for. I also yesterday got my training time mixed up I should have been with my PT at 10am and I thought it was 11. This has bothered me a lot and I don’t know if I’m right or wrong but I’d class him even if him not so much me a close friend who I can confide in. He knows how much of a rough time I’m habing giving last week most my sessions I couldn’t do much. He even said he felt bad taking money from me when I’d not been in a position to train. Yet yesterday when I messaged and explained how I was feeling and apologised for missing my slot and cancelled the rest of this week he said basically “if you think that’s Best But I will still need to charge you for today, hope you’re ok” I was just like wtf. Yeah I know he has a business but I’ve trained with him and paid him 3x a week for almost 2 years and he knows how bad I am right now. I felt he showed little empathy or understanding which shocked me so I sent him his poxy £25. Anyway this is turning into more a rant sorry. I best get kids up and prepare for this. Have a good day everyone. Xx

Victorianna

Victorianna

Hi, Ell. Sorry you are struggling with anxiety and depression.
Do you have all day long anxiety? Or just panic attacks? How long have you been taking the diazepam (Valium)? Does it help at all with the panic?
I take clonazepam (Klonopin) 1 mg 2xday, which is also a benzodiazapine, and it's helped me so much, to the point that I no longer have panic attacks. I'm also on sertraline (Zoloft) 100mg for depression.
You should probably try to stay with the Zoloft for awhile. It can make you tired, so I take it at night. If you keep your blood sugar up with juice and snacks, it can help with some of the spacey, dizzy feeling, which should go away soon as your body adjusts. It takes 4-6 weeks to really start making a difference.

Ell9199

Ell9199

Hi, Ell. Sorry you are struggling with anxiety and depression.
Do you have all day long anxiety? Or just panic attacks? How long have you been taking the diazepam (Valium)? Does it help at all with the panic?
I take clonazepam (Klonopin) 1 mg 2xday, which is also a benzodiazapine, and it's helped me so much, to the point that I no longer have panic attacks. I'm also on sertraline (Zoloft) 100mg for depression.
You should probably try to stay with the Zoloft for awhile. It can make you tired, so I take it at night. If you keep your blood sugar up with juice and snacks, it can help with some of the spacey, dizzy feeling, which should go away soon as your body adjusts. It takes 4-6 weeks to really start making a difference.
I’ve been on 5mg diazepam for a while now on a bad day I take about 3 (15mg in total) usually I try my best to just take the one or two. They work quick in helping me come
Out the panic but don’t stop it from happening as they hit me so fast and out the blue. Yesterday for example I was sitting eating lunch with a friend laughing at how greedy we were being and then all
Of a sudden I felt this wave of needing to leave like right away. It’s really horrible. I’m hoping with persevering and giving the sertraline time to work it will go away and just as quick as it hit me out the blue it will (fingers croseeed) go. I hope u have a good day and thanks for the reply xx