• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Panic attacks but not anxiety triggered

T

Trashdoll

I hoping someone here has similar experiences to me.
As far as I'm aware I dont suffer from anxiety. I have however had panic atta is for the last 21 years. They are triggered by deja vu.
When I get Deja vu my heart rate starts speeding up, I get disorientated and then get a set of specific images come into my head. Not scary but the same ones every time. At this point the hyperventilating starts.
Doctors dont seem to want to entertain the idea that I get panic attacks without being anxious. I have no other problems or issues just the panic attacks.
I've been to more councillors than I can count and non of them have ever been able to figure out why i get them.
Has anyone else had something similar and might be able to point me in any direction?

T

tiltawhirl3

I do have both anxiety and panic but the symptoms are different. I have been able to lessen the panic quite a lot by recognizing it as a panic attack when it begins and that it is not rational while deep breathing and removing myself from what is triggering the panic attack. Anxiety is a different animal and I cannot use those techniques with it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Z Panic attacks or anxiety? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
A Agoraphobia brought on by panic/anxiety attacks on transport. Need advice! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
chezza987 panic attacks and anxiety Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 14
R I keep getting panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
O Trigger warning - symptoms that can be disturbing ..anyone experienced this during or after panic attacks? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
stevie_sloth I didn't know I had panic attacks for 20 years Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
I Coming from a country where people are not educated about panic attacks is difficult (a rant) Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
S Panic Attacks and Sertraline Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
L Intense panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 12
Livingsacrifice Panic Attacks - Driving Paralyzes Me Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
H My mom is having panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
L Help. Girlfriend panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
N Panic attacks are back after 4 years. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
K Passing out from panic attacks? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
P Panic attacks becoming more frequent and intense. Not sure what to do. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
sparrowling Panic Attacks Rare Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
H HEAT INDUCED PANIC ATTACKS - please share your experiences Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 12
T i feel ashamed of taking my medication to stop my panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 13
B Muted panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
M Panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
Loobypie Panic attacks everyday at the same time for 17 days Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
G Panic attacks triggered Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 0
L Panic attacks and intense palpitations ruining my life!!! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 12
R Horrible Panic Attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
P Panic attacks are paralyzing me :( Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
K Panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
M Being paralyzed with panic attacks... Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
Amber1964 Panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
buzzbuzz When having panic attacks, do you feel as if your heart rate is very low? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
frisas45 Has anyone dealt with the burden of taking care of someone, especially you having panic attacks as a result? How did you overcome them? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
Ell9199 Panic attacks constantly Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
C Anyone have panic attacks that cause diarrhea? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
P Middle of the night panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
F Panic Attacks After Childhood Trauma Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
S Weird, very short panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
October Panic attacks + Depersonalization Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
A Panic Attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
H panic attacks coming back Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
B Panic attacks maybe? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
M Very physical panic attacks. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
N Panic attacks and work Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
T Started having panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
N I hate panic attacks!!! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
N Two panic attacks in the last two hours Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
S Question regarding blood sugar levels and Panic Attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
N A book that help me to cope with agoraphobia an panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
K Extreme noise aversion, panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
S Just when I started getting better at dealing with panic attacks.. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
coldwater00 Panic attacks? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
L My Panic attacks and Agoraphobia are simply crazy Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2