• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Panic attacks are paralyzing me :(

P

Ptsdgirl

I was taken off lorazepam about 3 months ago. Now I'm having bad anxiety and panic attacks.

What helps you when you're having a panic attack?

C

cheekymunki

For me it was understanding it was a panic attack and knowing that I'd had them before and they passed. Square breathing, sipping water (to slow breathing down), finding something to focus on and shutting everything else out till it passed. Counting may help with breathing. I have the Headspace meditation App so I do the breathing techniques used in there. xx

T

Tuffygrey

I was taken off lorazepam about 3 months ago. Now I'm having bad anxiety and panic attacks. What helps you when you're having a panic attack?
Take niacin. It really helps calm down the nervous system

S

SleepeeSam

Understanding your panic, educating yourself about agoraphobia, staying optimistic, expressing your feelings fully to someone and or writing them down, restful sleep, exercise, regular eating, occupying yourself with something you like to do. Theres a lot that can help with prevention or during a panic attack. I too struggle daily, feel free to talk to me or ask me anything if you need any help!

P

Professionalhypochondriac

I was taken off lorazepam about 3 months ago. Now I'm having bad anxiety and panic attacks.

What helps you when you're having a panic attack?
Hello.
For me I find either a slow gentle walk helps or escaping reality for a bit ... be this threw watching tv or reading a book can help when my symptoms are bad.