• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Panic Attack symptoms

B

BrownD511

Hi, I was just wondering how everyone experiences panic attacks. I woke up this morning, with a "hunger" feeling in my stomach, woke me up out of sleep very early. Then I started feeling weak. I had to use the bathroom so I got up and went, as I was on my back bed, I noticed my heart rate was high. I put on my BP monitor and my BP was high, like 140/90, which it usually stays in the 110s/60s and heart eate was close to 100. For a few minutes I thought I was going to faint or maybe even pass away. Then I tried to calm myself, take a deep breath. As I did my hands started to get cold and my whole body was shaking. I kept taking my BP and noticed it was going down as well as my Heart Rate. Now I just feel blah, but the "hunger" feeling is gone. Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?

I

indigo6

I dont know about hunger...it might be your blood sugar was low and this can produce panic attack style symptoms.
Checking your BP and heart rate?...have you ever heard that the Dr knows that when they do this to you the reading may be inaccurate because its stressful??
Can you explain the hunger feeling more?

B

BrownD511

I felt hungry, that is the best way to put it. It is just weird because I ate a little bit before I went to bed, so I shouldn't have been hungry.

I

indigo6

Maybe you were extra hungry? Had you been busy or mentally taxed?
Maybe you need a boost of some particular vitamin or mineral.
Are you ok now?

B

BrownD511

Just normal, haven't been working due to this virus. I have a glucometer, not diabetic, just have it to check periodically. I am doing better now, just cold, shaky, and tired.

I

indigo6

Maybe the after effect of a panic attack.
Feeling cold is the clue. Get warm, cosy and relax for a while. Watch something funny get the body up again.
Lay off sugar and caffeine today. Is not always possible!

B

BrownD511

I have been trying to keep my brain busy, and have been dozing back off. I should know what is going on when it happens, but I feel like it doesn't matter how many times I go through it, Panic Attacks get me everytime!

I

indigo6

Yes they can just appear even if you think youre ok. I had one, first in a long time on Monday. Its all this situation even though I think its not affecting me. I identified it and shut it down. I have learned to do this, mostly it works to the point I dont get them often but then I no longer put myself in the way of mental harm.
Are you being subconsciously affected by this worldwide situation?

B

BrownD511

It is possible, I am an "over-thinker" as is. I have a pregant wife and 2 kids, and I obviously worry about them. So it is very possible to be worried in the back of my mind, if that makes sense.

I

indigo6

Expect it, accept it and they will subside.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Panic attack symptoms Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 22
Fern I think i had a panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 21
T Feeling "off" for days after a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
J A Different Kind Of Panic Attack This Week Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
N Scared it's not a panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
M HELP! Panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
L Panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
lilbat Panic attack? Or something else? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
D What do you do when you get panic attack, please help? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 41
J 45M-Was this Angina, extreme dehydration/heat exhaustion, indigestion/heartburn or a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
hORIzonFINK210 how to jog a panic attack.> Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
E Do I have anxiety or having a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
Antimatter Panic attack! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
N I had my first ever panic attack in one of my college classes Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
K My first severe panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
Hiraeth Currently having a panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
F Advice on how to recover after severe panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
soulsearcher Having a bad panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 11
sparrowling Panic Attack Last Night No Medication Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
S 7 weeks and still no explanation... Panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
L how exactly do you react while having a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
K First panic attack. New here. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
ThisIsOnlyABumpInTheRoad Just give me a panic attack already Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
WorkingClassGirl Panic Attack Disorder Sufferer Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
S is this a panic attack ? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
F Panic Attack Help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
V First panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
M Recent Panic Attack/Agoraphobia-Feedback Please?? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
N Panic attack and agoraphobia - Worth seeing it Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
W Week long panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
American Boy Another panic attack of the day Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 20
C Agoraphobia and Panic Attack blues Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
Colorfulcolors858 Self harm during a panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
M Unusual panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
K fainting after panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
L Intense panic attack :-( Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
B panic attack?? or just bad anxiety?? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
Lady panic I just had a panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
U Random Panic Attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
O What’s better antidepressants or beta blockers for physical symptoms of anxiety- panic disorder Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
R I keep getting panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
nenexx Is it possible to cure Panic Disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
O Trigger warning - symptoms that can be disturbing ..anyone experienced this during or after panic attacks? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
stevie_sloth I didn't know I had panic attacks for 20 years Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
W Do I have a panic disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
I Coming from a country where people are not educated about panic attacks is difficult (a rant) Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
S Panic Attacks and Sertraline Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
L Intense panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 12
Livingsacrifice Panic Attacks - Driving Paralyzes Me Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
H My mom is having panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3