• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Panic attack? Or something else?

lilbat

lilbat

Hello, I wanted to share what happened this night. I got into a little fight with the person I’m talking to and he declared that he’s blocking me and is done with me. I still tried texting him, but he didn’t even check the messages. And then it kinda came out of nowhere. I started feeling either extreme heart pain or extreme crushing feeling. Or maybe both at once. It seemed like someone took my heart into their hands and is crushing it. It’s a bit vague now, but I know that I was repeating inside my head “calm down”. Then suddenly it started feeling like my room is crushing as well. As in, my room is crushing me and it’s about to fall. And that I’m going to die.
I read a bit about panic attacks, but they also mention short of breath, trembling, sweating. I don’t really remember if I was having a short of breath. I’m not sure. But is this still considered a panic attack? Or maybe something else? I haven’t experienced something like that, it was scary.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello lilbat. Welcome to the forum. I feel the way you have described when I am in emotional pain. If I am hurt I feel like my heart is being crushed and I cannot breathe.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
D What do you do when you get panic attack, please help? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 41
J 45M-Was this Angina, extreme dehydration/heat exhaustion, indigestion/heartburn or a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
blog15 how to jog a panic attack.> Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
E Do I have anxiety or having a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
Antimatter Panic attack! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
K In a constant cycle of panic... Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
MissPink Do I have this Panic Disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
M Panic, Anxiety, and Emetephobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 21
steelboss Vicious Anxiety, or Panic, or Heart. Who knows? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
N Panic attacks are back after 4 years. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
K Passing out from panic attacks? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
Shayfury Med change triggered panic relapse Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
N Panic disorder for a year now Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
A Panic disorder help! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
D GAD/Panic Disorder/ ADD and ... Vertigo ? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
P Panic attacks becoming more frequent and intense. Not sure what to do. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
sparrowling Panic Attacks Rare Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
R Can panic last hours? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
F Panic disorder Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
H HEAT INDUCED PANIC ATTACKS - please share your experiences Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
I Parent with panic disorder Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
D Having panic about my sexuality Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 13
Z Panic attacks or anxiety? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
T i feel ashamed of taking my medication to stop my panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 13
M Feeling like I'm forever in panic mode Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
B Muted panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
Antimatter Constant shortness of breath and panic Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 13
M Panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
Loobypie Panic attacks everyday at the same time for 17 days Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
R Husbands observation on my attack. Something up with my eye Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
dogmom Worse attack ever Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
R Had an attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 11
R First attack in awhile Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2