• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Panic attack? Or something else?

lilbat

lilbat

Hello, I wanted to share what happened this night. I got into a little fight with the person I’m talking to and he declared that he’s blocking me and is done with me. I still tried texting him, but he didn’t even check the messages. And then it kinda came out of nowhere. I started feeling either extreme heart pain or extreme crushing feeling. Or maybe both at once. It seemed like someone took my heart into their hands and is crushing it. It’s a bit vague now, but I know that I was repeating inside my head “calm down”. Then suddenly it started feeling like my room is crushing as well. As in, my room is crushing me and it’s about to fall. And that I’m going to die.
I read a bit about panic attacks, but they also mention short of breath, trembling, sweating. I don’t really remember if I was having a short of breath. I’m not sure. But is this still considered a panic attack? Or maybe something else? I haven’t experienced something like that, it was scary.

D

Deleted member 91323

Hello lilbat. Welcome to the forum. I feel the way you have described when I am in emotional pain. If I am hurt I feel like my heart is being crushed and I cannot breathe.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J A Different Kind Of Panic Attack This Week Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
N Scared it's not a panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
M HELP! Panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
L Panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
D What do you do when you get panic attack, please help? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 41
J 45M-Was this Angina, extreme dehydration/heat exhaustion, indigestion/heartburn or a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
hORIzonFINK210 (Was blog15) how to jog a panic attack.> Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
E Do I have anxiety or having a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
Antimatter Panic attack! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
S Panic attack symptoms Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 22
B Panic Attack symptoms Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
N I had my first ever panic attack in one of my college classes Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
K My first severe panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
H Currently having a panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
F Advice on how to recover after severe panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
soulsearcher Having a bad panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 11
sparrowling Panic Attack Last Night No Medication Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
S 7 weeks and still no explanation... Panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
L how exactly do you react while having a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
K First panic attack. New here. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
ThisIsOnlyABumpInTheRoad Just give me a panic attack already Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
WorkingClassGirl Panic Attack Disorder Sufferer Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
S is this a panic attack ? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
F Panic Attack Help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
V First panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
M Recent Panic Attack/Agoraphobia-Feedback Please?? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
N Panic attack and agoraphobia - Worth seeing it Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
W Week long panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
American Boy Another panic attack of the day Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 20
C Agoraphobia and Panic Attack blues Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
Colorfulcolors858 Self harm during a panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
M Unusual panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
K fainting after panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
L Intense panic attack :-( Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
B panic attack?? or just bad anxiety?? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
Lady panic I just had a panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
U Random Panic Attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
M Bad Panic Attack!!! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
stevie_sloth I didn't know I had panic attacks for 20 years Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
W Do I have a panic disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
I Coming from a country where people are not educated about panic attacks is difficult (a rant) Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
S Panic Attacks and Sertraline Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
L Intense panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
Livingsacrifice Panic Attacks - Driving Paralyzes Me Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
H My mom is having panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
T Panic attacks but not anxiety triggered Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
S Is Aesthetic Sensitivity A Sign of a Panic Disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
L Help. Girlfriend panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
K In a constant cycle of panic... Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
MissPink Do I have this Panic Disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3