• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Panic, Anxiety, and Emetephobia

J

Jogger44

What I tapered off is the Klonopin. I still take the Propranolol daily but only take 10mg. Supposed to take 20mg but my BP can get on the low side. I can’t be without the Propranolol or else my heart will palpate. It also take it for agitation. Is your palpitations from anxiety or from arrhythmia? Mine is from both.
Anxiety which I have had for last year but every so often for no reason it feels like my heart skips a beat? I am 44 and wonder if hormones and might be starting menopause ?

I

Inie

Anxiety which I have had for last year but every so often for no reason it feels like my heart skips a beat? I am 44 and wonder if hormones and might be starting menopause ?
I believe hormones play a role. My anxiety and heart palps started surfacing in my mid forties. I’m now 49 and I’m constantly focusing on my heart beats. It drives me nuts sometimes. I’ve been hospitalized a couple times only to be told its nothing serious. Have you had an EKG or any heart test done to get a peace of mind.

J

Jogger44

I believe hormones play a role. My anxiety and heart palps started surfacing in my mid forties. I’m now 49 and I’m constantly focusing on my heart beats. It drives me nuts sometimes. I’ve been hospitalized a couple times only to be told its nothing serious. Have you had an EKG or any heart test done to get a peace of mind.
I have been to doctors a couple of times and had 2 EKG and bloods done and all good, listened to my heart and said sounds fine. I do believe a lot of my symptoms happen mainly when i have time on my hands as am fine when I am busy it is when I sit in the evening and slow down. I wish would go away thou as does scare me but try and tell
Myself have been like this over a year and nothing awful has happened. Sure a lot of it is my mind and because I am hyper tuned in to any small changes

I

Inie

I have been to doctors a couple of times and had 2 EKG and bloods done and all good, listened to my heart and said sounds fine. I do believe a lot of my symptoms happen mainly when i have time on my hands as am fine when I am busy it is when I sit in the evening and slow down. I wish would go away thou as does scare me but try and tell
Myself have been like this over a year and nothing awful has happened. Sure a lot of it is my mind and because I am hyper tuned in to any small changes
Good you checked out ok. I also feel my heart beats more when I’m at rest. The key is to keep busy by distracting yourself. At times it’s easier said than done.

M

Meaghan

Gosh all my symptoms. I am starting on the phobia in a couple of weeks with my therapist. The phobia causes my anxiety to go over the roof. I can’t even say the word as yet. The phobia is really debilitating. If I was on a bus and some looked peaky I would get off and walk the rest of the way. My stomach churns at even the mention of it. I have been known to open a car door to get away if one of the girls was poorly and also screamed for help in the middle of the road. I must look ridiculous. Had this all my life and avoided so much. I think it is the worst phobia ever. I do take a med to try and calm myself with mindfulness etc. I am not looking forward when I start to overcome this. Wishing you all the best
Thank you so much. How is the therapy helping?

J

Jolly

I end up crying when I get home as the emotions just come out. Therapy is not easy but does get easier. I don’t hide anything from her and she has seen me in my worst state. I was not going to go but did and was pleased I did. You and your therapist have to click as well because trust is everything. Last week I was not good when I went so everything she had sorted out for me went out the window and she helped to calm me down. I had to think of something that calmed me or some happy event and I could not come up with anything at first. After 10 minutes I realised I enjoyed monkey world in Dorset and have followed hananya from there since he arrived. She was quite shocked as I never mentioned hubby or children etc. So when I am in a dark place I look at hananya and it does help for a short while. I have a lot of things to do but told her I cannot take too much on. She is very understanding and going at my pace. I also did a timeline as I did not want to go backwards and that helped her a little.