Paliperidone.. Any opinions??

blu129

blu129

Anyone got any opinions on Paliperidone? Anyone experienced any side effects?

Im currently on the 3 monthly one. My CPN said "You better have this injection you idiot, you dirty schizophrenic." Which I thought was not very nice.

EddieH

EddieH

The injections suck, that's one big bloody needle. Didn't know you could have a three monthly mine was monthly, every three months is pretty good. I've been on it for a few years and thereeeea rrree nooooo ssiiddde efffects that I can say. Seriously though only a bit of a sexual side effect. Pretty good medication.

N

natalie

As I take Abilify, I can't comment. however, it is within your right, that you must complain.

There ought to be a PALS paitient and liasion service within your main hospital, and I would have a word with them, and put a complaint through them.

N

nightmare57

Abilify depot (aripiprazole) stopped working for me. I was put on 75mg of Paliperidone in hospital and on it I haven't been sectioned since 2016 which is a big accomplishment for as on Abilify I was sectioned every 6 months and each time they increased it until it was 400mg a month, until it stopped working that is... I've had a few Paliperidone tweets and now on 100mg.... Paliperidone has been good for me... I haven't noticed any side effects. My bloods that I have taken once a year always come back ' not further action' = normal. My psychiatrist has offered me the 3 month injection but I refused, he hasn't pushed it as he's very person centred...

Y

Yellowdiamond

Abilify depot (aripiprazole) stopped working for me. I was put on 75mg of Paliperidone in hospital and on it I haven't been sectioned since 2016 which is a big accomplishment for as on Abilify I was sectioned every 6 months and each time they increased it until it was 400mg a month, until it stopped working that is... I've had a few Paliperidone tweets and now on 100mg.... Paliperidone has been good for me... I haven't noticed any side effects. My bloods that I have taken once a year always come back ' not further action' = normal. My psychiatrist has offered me the 3 month injection but I refused, he hasn't pushed it as he's very person centred...
Good that it works for you, its Nice when u get helped by an AP.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
blu129 Schizophrenia Forum 16