• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Pain wearing me down

M

Mastiff mom

I'm having a hard time physically and emotionally. I've had my gall bladder removed, 4 mouth surgeries, eye surgery, a concussion and now cracked ribs. I'm in terrible pain but my doctor will give me no more pain medication. The U.S. Is really cracking down on prescribing narcotics--even if your pain is legitimate, they simply won't help you. Very frustrating. The pain is dragging me down mentally and I was already struggling. For some reason this time of year is always difficult for me. I've been struggling to not self harm and have had suicidal thoughts. I am thinking of going in the hospital.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It might be a good idea to go to the ER at least to try and get some pain medicines. It's hard enough to deal with mental pain as it is without the physical pain on top.

I'm sorry you are struggling so much MM. I know you know this already but anytime you want to talk the forum is here for you and I'm always here for you if you ever want to pm me.

:hug5:

xxxxxx

Gajolene

Gajolene

No wonder you havn't been posting much MM, My cousin was telling me how bad it is to get prescriptions now in the states and I think it's absolutely barbaric. He's the one finally went in and had a pain pump implanted over christmas. If you have cracked ribs and existing pain from that I think your pain would be excruciating and in immediate need. I do think you should go into the er if you can afford it and see if you can get some temporary pain medications. Is it because of your recorded past with self harm and suicidal thoughts that your GP is refusing you?
My one doctor did that to me because she assumed I was suicidal when I wasn't one year (my meds had been stolen by a neighbour lady) and for 4 years she refused me all prescriptions even though I reported it right away. Was a terrible time to be going through my mh and pain issues. Sending huge hugs your way.

M

Mastiff mom

I' ve been to the ER 3 times now and they gave ten pills each time. It was gone in three days. I even tried a pain clinic and they couldn't get me in for 3 weeks.i don't know what to do. Should I go back to the ER?

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Would they be able to refer you to the pain clinic quicker? If so I would say it was worth a shot.

xxx

Gajolene

Gajolene

I would and explain to them what the pain clinic told you about the three week wait. Maybe they will give you enough to hold off the three weeks at least. :hug:

M

Mastiff mom

The hospital would never give me 3 weeks of pain meds-- they assume your GP wil care for you from there. I called my GP and she refused to even see me--her receptionist told me I would have to " tough" it out. The pain was so bad I asked my husband to take me to thE ER and he refused because I ued to have substance abuse problems. We argued, I cried and that was that. It angers me so much that he thinks this is some manipulative ploy to get drugs. I felt he really didn't care. I thought of overdosing this afternoon but I'm going to wait until tomorrow while's he's at work.at work. Love to you all

M

Mastiff mom

I know, I'm sorry to let so many people but this has been a long time coming. I should have done it decades ago.but there was always some hope that kept me going me going.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
MM please, I can't lose another person on here that I care so much for.

You have been doing so well fighting for so long. Please don't stop fighting.

xxx

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time Mastiff mom; you've been through so much recently and I hate the fact that you are suffering. I can't believe the situation concerning pain relief, that's ridiculous!!! How can they not provide you with control of your pain. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Please hang in there; please try not to self-harm; please stay safe. If you feel you need to go into hospital and this will help then it's worth considering. I just want you to stay safe my lovely friend. :hug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm sorry I should have seen this thread earlier. Please stay safe Mastiff mom. :hug: xxxxxxxxx

rubyrose

rubyrose

Please don't overdose. Don't cause any harm to yourself. I'm really sorry you're dealing with all this. I know it's not easy but you don't have to go through it alone. We're on your team. You can PM me anytime. I'm serious about that. Look at all you've already been through. Look at what you've overcome. Your struggles have shaped you into an incredibly strong woman. I've told you before that I admire your strength and I meant it. Please try and hang in there, my friend. :hug: