• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Pacing your own thoughts..

EdEd

EdEd

head-silhouette-vector-23060299_20200901213413553.jpg
Hello , what I'm going to try to explain today is a helpful thinking method I've discovered. If you hear voices or struggle with schizophrenia then this approach is worth a shot. First , start off by looking off to your left side slightly.. and remember the position where you looked.. then look toward the center or the middle of your vision..(Straight forwards)remember this spot, then look off to your right side slightly and remember its position. Now you should have three designated points in front of you. Start at the left side , and stay there for a moment , then slowly go toward the middle..stay there for a moment..then slowly make your way to the right side.. practice just focusing on these areas.. Now assign thoughts for these areas...for example
Left: Trees
Middle: Sun
Right: Rocks
So start off by going to the left side..when you get to the left side think tree... just focus on thinking or visualizing a tree.. then slowly move toward the middle.. once you get to the middle think of the sun.. picture it.. then draw your attention to the right side..and think of Rocks/Stones.. Think about this over and over.. practice doing this method.. practice pacing your thoughts from Left, to middle , to right..go at different speeds. The point I'm trying to make is that it's an excellent pacing exercise and you can pretty much use this movement exercise to think about virtually anything..and be able to decide how fast you want to think and what you think about.
This is what it looks like when you assign thoughts to the different positions.. I'm only posting this because I've found it to be an incredibly useful tool in thinking.
head-silhouette-vector-23060299_20200901220217742.jpg

In theory you can assign whatever thoughts you want to these positions and learn how to pace your self , and it makes thinking more controllable and you're able to be more selective after practice.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

View attachment 38314
Hello , what I'm going to try to explain today is a helpful thinking method I've discovered. If you hear voices or struggle with schizophrenia then this approach is worth a shot. First , start off by looking off to your left side slightly.. and remember the position where you looked.. then look toward the center or the middle of your vision..(Straight forwards)remember this spot, then look off to your right side slightly and remember its position. Now you should have three designated points in front of you. Start at the left side , and stay there for a moment , then slowly go toward the middle..stay there for a moment..then slowly make your way to the right side.. practice just focusing on these areas.. Now assign thoughts for these areas...for example
Left: Trees
Middle: Sun
Right: Rocks
So start off by going to the left side..when you get to the left side think tree... just focus on thinking or visualizing a tree.. then slowly move toward the middle.. once you get to the middle think of the sun.. picture it.. then draw your attention to the right side..and think of Rocks/Stones.. Think about this over and over.. practice doing this method.. practice pacing your thoughts from Left, to middle , to right..go at different speeds. The point I'm trying to make is that it's an excellent pacing exercise and you can pretty much use this movement exercise to think about virtually anything..and be able to decide how fast you want to think and what you think about.
This is what it looks like when you assign thoughts to the different positions.. I'm only posting this because I've found it to be an incredibly useful tool in thinking.
View attachment 38315

In theory you can assign whatever thoughts you want to these positions and learn how to pace your self , and it makes thinking more controllable and you're able to be more selective after practice.
I applaud you for trying to do some good. But schizophrenia is not a left-right issue.

EdEd

EdEd

Thanks for the input. It's just an approach. That's all. And it worked for me.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Its all good my wee friend. Any new approch is welcome