• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

oxynorm addiction?

P

PixxiePitt

So I'm on oxynorm a pain killer. And while I was in hospital I was told it is addictive and makes you hallucinate... I'm already hallucinations but what if I become addicted I'm scared

V

volnash

Well id suggest you heed caution with any form of pain killers, but as with other opiods tolerance and physical dependance is common, this is a medicine/drug with strong abuse potential, i get that you are in pain but please report to the doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of dependance.

Here's a paste i found as to psychological side effects.

Psychiatric disorders
Common
abnormal dreams, anxiety, confusional state, insomnia, nervousness, thinking abnormal,
depression
Uncommon
affect lability, agitation, disorientation, drug dependence,
dysphoria, euphoric mood, hallucination,
libido decreased, mood altered, restlessnes

Unfortunately it seems like hallucinations are part of it, what is the nature of your pain? if you want to share, have you tried other painkillers?

Jonwal

Jonwal

If it makes u feel good that's good until u can find other ways to feel good.

L

lovagemuffin

how long have you been taking it? you sound pretty freaked out so go see your GP theyd at least put you mind at rest.