• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Overwhelmed and feel like I'm loosing my mind

R

Ri2402

Hi all new here and trying anything and everything to pull myself outta this slump but it's super difficult.....have always suffered with mild anxiety and depression but this last few months I feel like I'm drowning and everyone thinks I'm waving... Lost my job in March with the pandemic so I'm alone all day until the wee man gets in from school crying all the time at ridiculous things, crying now writing this, I find it really hard to admit this feel as though it's weakness, any advice or support would be greatly appreciated.

Randle McMurphy

Randle McMurphy

Hi, I am new here as well but not new to what you are going through. I also had trouble admitting to my family what‘s been going on until recently. I have an amazing family with two awesome grandsons. I keep my focus on them to help get through the day. I have been put on a new med and have my first therapy appointment this afternoon. I’m hoping for the best and hope you can find relief as well.

R

Ri2402

Thanks for your reply, good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Best of luck with ur appointment. Perhaps I need to explore that option a bit further

D

Deleted member 92692

Hi all new here and trying anything and everything to pull myself outta this slump but it's super difficult.....have always suffered with mild anxiety and depression but this last few months I feel like I'm drowning and everyone thinks I'm waving... Lost my job in March with the pandemic so I'm alone all day until the wee man gets in from school crying all the time at ridiculous things, crying now writing this, I find it really hard to admit this feel as though it's weakness, any advice or support would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome, you will find lots of support and advice from the members on here. Know your not alone 👍

D

Deleted member 91323

Hello and welcome to the forum. I would talk to your GP about how you are feeling. It sounds like you could do with some support. I am sorry you lost your job. That must have been so hard.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Ri2402 and Randle McMurphy welcome to the forum :welcome:

R

Ri2402

Hello and welcome to the forum. I would talk to your GP about how you are feeling. It sounds like you could do with some support. I am sorry you lost your job. That must have been so hard.
Thanks for your reply, having good days and bad days , support in here helps more than I thought it would, thinks it's having someone listening for a change.

Northern Girl

Northern Girl

Hi and welcome. You're not alone in what you're experiencing, glad support in here helps.

G

Grace in defeat

Hi, welcome to the forum. Mental health is difficult at any time, but this last year has been particularly difficult. Lots of people are struggling, it's horrible but understandable that your issues have got worse.

Is there anything you enjoy doing which you can do alone? It might help to put some time aside for that each day. There will be days when you don't want to or when it doesn't help, but you might find it gives you a routine and something to look forward to. You can also obviously chat on here as much as you need to, everyone is lovely.

Randle McMurphy

Randle McMurphy

It's good to have someone to talk to. I had my first appointment with a therapist last night. She was excellent and I feel good about our future visits.

G

Grace in defeat

I'm really glad to hear that. She does sound excellent. Often, it's not clear if your therapist is any good till you've had a few sessions so this is great news.

R

Ri2402

Hi, welcome to the forum. Mental health is difficult at any time, but this last year has been particularly difficult. Lots of people are struggling, it's horrible but understandable that your issues have got worse.

Is there anything you enjoy doing which you can do alone? It might help to put some time aside for that each day. There will be days when you don't want to or when it doesn't help, but you might find it gives you a routine and something to look forward to. You can also obviously chat on here as much as you need to, everyone is lovely.
Thanks for your reply, routine is one of the only things I know helps me and I loose focus without it but lately I've been letting it slide and doing the bare minimum... Christmas is cheering me up so taking it one day at a time at the moment.