• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Overthinking the heart

K

Kushtrim

I’ve always had health anxiety but in the last 3 weeks it has led on to me overthinking it To point I’m uncomfortable with the fact that my own heart constantly beats inside of me and because of the way it looks I try to invision what my heart is doing and I’m almost uncomfortable with the fact that this thing inside of me beats until the day I die can anyone relate or reassure me that my anxiety is doing this

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Anxiety is about worrying, so worrying about your heart is understandable, although I've never heard before of such anxiety. Just know that your heart can beat until you're 100 years old (or older). It'a an amazing organ you really don't have to worry about.

E

EclipticNight

Whilst ive never had a health anxiety I can assure you that if it stopped you would find that much more disconcerting. Older awake open heart surgeries stopped the heart, that had to feel so strange.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Constantly overthinking, anxious, and self-depressing thoughts when it comes to work. Anxiety Forum 3
W Overthinking and anxiety's stopping me from living my life, what do i do, i'm lost Anxiety Forum 6
F overthinking and starting over Anxiety Forum 1
M Negative overthinking podcast recommendations Anxiety Forum 2
S Overthinking is my hobby Anxiety Forum 1
S my overthinking Anxiety Forum 6
M Extreme overthinking Anxiety Forum 1
S Extreme overthinking and anxiety Anxiety Forum 2
V Can't enjoy the happiness because of Overthinking, Anxiety Anxiety Forum 8
M Overthinking Everything Anxiety Forum 1
Topcat Heart beating too fast at night Anxiety Forum 6
J Heart fibrillation Anxiety Forum 1
D Ectopic beats/heart palps Anxiety Forum 3
T Heart anxiety Anxiety Forum 5
HeyImTyler Your average resting heart rate? Anxiety Forum 15
reb_kbold racing thoughts and racing heart Anxiety Forum 3
R Waking up most mornings with racing heart Anxiety Forum 5
S Listening to your heart can be the hardest thing Anxiety Forum 1
J Does CBD oil without THC reduce stress, ,panic, heart palpitations and put you in a good mood or does it cause anxiety, heart palpitations? Anxiety Forum 2
J Anyone with anxiety experience heart palps at night, swallowing troubles, pit of stomach tightness for months or is this only supposed to be for days? Anxiety Forum 1
J Anyone experience hard ectopic beats with pain for a second or heart palpitations or a tight stomach and esophageal inflammation during high stress? Anxiety Forum 3
Y Heart anxiety Anxiety Forum 2
R Heart palpitations Anxiety Forum 2
M Waking up multiple times during the night with pounding heart Anxiety Forum 7
L Heart palpitations and Anxiety Anxiety Forum 4